Windows 10 Has anyone else noticed that Internet Explorer 11 hasn't worked right lately ?

brkkab

Excellent Member
Since this past Tuesday, has anyone else noticed that Internet Explorer 11 hasn't worked properly since this past Tuesday?
Edge works fine, but if you try to go to any websites in IE including Bing, it just doesn't work.
I've run the troubleshooters for everything to do with networking.
I've run full scans with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free- no threats on my pc.
I've run CheckDisk @startup- Elevated Command Prompt, chkdsk c: /r
I've cleaned all temporary files.
It still doesn't work.
Bing is my IE & Edge homepage. In Edge you can see whatever background Bing is using for the day. In IE, it's just a blank colored page.
If I click on one of my favorites or type a web address in the address bar, I get a error message saying I have no internet connection.
Funny, Edge, Chrome and Firefox all work fine.
I'm posting this in Firefox 47 right now. Chrome 51 & Edge were both open a few minutes ago.
IE11.PNG
IE11.PNG
IE11.PNG
Edge.PNG
IE11.PNG
Edge.PNG
Edge.PNG
Edge.PNG
IE11.PNG
FF47.PNG
FF47.PNG
FF47.PNG Edge.PNG IE11.PNG IE11.PNG Edge.PNG FF47.PNG
Chrome51.PNG
Chrome51.PNG

I'm not sure. Bitdefender & Malwarebytes came up clean. I've also run AdwCleaner, then ATF Cleaner, then Rogue Cleaner (safe mode) and restarted pc. I then finish it up with ZHPCleanre after restarting pc out of safe mode.
Edge, Firefox and Chrome work fine, though.

The top 1-3, 5 & 8 are IE11. 4,6-8 are Edge. 9 & 10 are Firefox. 11 is Chrome.
I onposted each screenshot once here in Firefox.

Here's a screenshot of what I just got in IE11 trying to come here. I get that with all sites I try.
IE11WindowsForum.PNG

Try a full browse reset in Tools > Internet options > advanced it will require a reboot.
Also trying flushing your dns from a command prompt ipconfig /flushdns

I did a full reset of it yesterday. The issue still persists.
I also ran Panda Cloud Cleaner before the ie11 reset. It found 2 threats (cookies) and removed them I also installed Bitdefender Anti-Ransomeware.
The last one is free.
I have a feeling now that Edge extensions is coming to everyone, they may be killing Internet Explorer.
Edge works fine. Firefox works fine. Chrome works fine. IE11 appears dead to me.

I believe they are coming in September of this year. They also will be easy to port from Chrome.

Here's a screenshot of what I just got in IE11 trying to come here. I get that with all sites I try.
It could be an update causing this, a MS windows 10 update.....which is/are notorious for some with these kinds of issues.

Also, something to check.....your router could be the culprit here. Simply power down router (unplug power cord) for 5 minutes then plug it back in a power up and let it boot. The IP address can be corrupted and needs to be refreshed....it happens. Also check for a firmware update for the router!

I'm pretty sure they're coming next month in the Anniversary Update. From what I've read, they have a few in the Insider Builds now and they've been there a while.
Funny thing is Edge doesn't currently beat Chrome or Firefox on speed. On my pc without addons for it. Once it has addons, it's gonna get slower.As far as the extensions, it's up to the creator to make them.
Edge is of no use to me without AI Roboform or Web of Trust extensions.

Yeah the latest Insider Build has AdBlocker Plus, LastPass, and a few others than are installed into Edge via the Windows Store.

I'm crossing my fingers that it gets off to a great start. I want to see Firefox and Chrome finally get some serious competition! Especially Firefox. I feel like they went through high and quickly went back down because.

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

I hope it does. However, I ran Peacekeeper with all 3 on this pc. Chrome & Firefox both beat Edge on my pc. I'm not using the Insider Preview since 10 was released. I got tired of dual-booting it and 8.1 Pro
It doesn't look good, Microsoft is gonna have to do some serious updating with Edge after addons start rolling out for it more. It's still missing a few that most people use. Web of Trust and various password managers/form fillers. Adblock & LastPass aren't going to cut it for most people. Especially, if what they use work's with every other web browser.

Back