Windows 7 Hate to say it but Windows 7 sucks in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Andrea Borman.
I hope you are not starting another pointless rant over features in an OS that hasn't been released yet!

I remember when you thought you were an AV expert, now you are here telling us what operating systems to use. As far as Windows 8 goes no one knows what final GUI will be as it is not even in BETA yet. Yes it will have a Metro look, I understand it will have a look for home users that are are now comfortable with the Look and feel they now have. progress goes on despite some that do not want to accept it.

I remember when you thought you were an AV expert, now you are here telling us what operating systems to use. As far as Windows 8 goes no one knows what final GUI will be as it is not even in BETA yet. Yes it will have a Metro look, I understand it will have a look for home users that are are now comfortable with the Look and feel they now have. progress goes on despite some that do not want to accept it.

But you don't really want an operating system like Windows 8 do you? It's not like Windows at all. I have seen it on the web. Do you think maybe we should write that letter to our Presidents or Prime Ministers? Like the letter I suggested in this thread- http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...windows-8-stick-windows-7-a-4.html#post249332

So they can ban the dreaded Windows 8 before it comes into existence? Andrea Borman.

Ok, look enough is enough!! Will somebody PLEASE put an end to this aggrivating silliness that is now showing up in various threads & wasting space! Responses are pointless as NOTHING we say is taken in or is having any worthwhile impact, @ all.

Many of us are getting quite sick of it.

Ok, look enough is enough!! Will somebody PLEASE put an end to this aggrivating silliness that is now showing up in various threads & wasting space! Responses are pointless as NOTHING we say is taken in or is having any worthwhile impact, @ all.

Many of us are getting quite sick of it.

Actually I think sliced bread was only invented to make Marmite sarnies. Now that is as relevant as anything else. Please lock.

You are probably correct! I did suggest the Water Cooler, but perhaps the nature of the posts would start a flaming war there. In any case, for the posts in question, "Nuthouse" sounds more appropriate.

Well, as I'd said, it's sure not comedy, anymore, if, it ever was. Maybe there's a round filing cabinet somewhere that would appropriate :thumbs_up:

People who insist on making stupid....I'm sorry, 'UN-Informed' statements about Windows 8 really should go over to the Windows8forums and do some serious reading.

There is a registry script, already written, to disable that useless 'Metro UI' touch screen desktop. That leaves the tester with a very nice desktop that looks like Classic Windows.

Win-8/DP comes with a very limited Theme store, but more themes are easily downloaded from MS. I got the "City Lights" theme and it's beautiful. See? (It's also backward compatible with Windows 7)

MyDeskTop.jpg

Windows 8 does come with a huge driver store (cache). I had my Epson Workforce 500 AIO printer turned on the last time I installed Win-8 on my main computer, using a spare HD, and the Win-8 installer picked up my printer like every other piece of hardware in my system.

I installed Win-8 (again) on a 6 yr old Compaq desktop, with only 512meg's of ram and it installed and worked just fine. I did have to scrounge a little bit for some hardware drivers (Win-7 work) but other than that, Win-8/DP 64 bit is up and running on that old single core, 32 bit machine. "I love it when a plan comes together" !

When I first installed the Win-8/DP OS, I could not get my AVG 2012 Anti-Virus program to install and run. I kept on getting an error message on every try. That was then, this is now and AVG installs with NO problems.
That's what a "Developer Preview" is for..... so the software writers can make their programs work on new OS's.
As you can see from the picture, 'Malware Bytes' is running fine on Win-8, as well is Spybot Search & Destroy and most of the other programs I normally install.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

Well on my Windows 7 I set it to Windows Classic theme.Which is the Windows 98 style theme included in Windows 7 and also Windows XP and Windows Vista. And from there you can change the default grey start menu, taskbar and inky blue desktop color to whatever color you want,using the color picker.

But I don't know if they have Windows Classic theme option on Windows 8 like on Windows 7.Do they?

But even if they do made a Windows 8 with a normal start menu. What is the point in using Windows 8 when we have got Windows 7, and it has everything we want?

Most people have only just bought Windows 7 as it only came out 2 years ago in October 2009. So Windows 7 is a new version of Windows. Andrea Borman.

Some people just keep talking and talking and never listen! Eh? 8o|
You should know who you are and did you even read my last post? :confused:
Then read it again.

Windows 8 will be popular because it runs so much faster than Windows 7 and it does have a Classic look once you disable the Metro UI.
And, its driver store is far superior to Windows 7.

I'm looking at Windows 8 like XP Classic on Steroids!
I already have a Windows 7 tune-up package on my web site and I'll soon be adding a Windows 8 package as well, which will include the registry script to disable the Metro UI theme.

Here's that script, to disable the Metro UI theme.
DisableMetroUI.reg - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

But anyone can sit here and speculate about Win-8 all day and still not know sickem about it till they actually download it, install it and try it.

Have a go at it Mates!

Some people just keep talking and talking and never listen! Eh? 8o|
You should know who you are and did you even read my last post? :confused:
Then read it again.

Windows 8 will be popular because it runs so much faster than Windows 7 and it does have a Classic look once you disable the Metro UI.
And, its driver store is far superior to Windows 7.

I'm looking at Windows 8 like XP Classic on Steroids!
I already have a Windows 7 tune-up package on my web site and I'll soon be adding a Windows 8 package as well, which will include the registry script to disable the Metro UI theme.

Here's that script, to disable the Metro UI theme.
DisableMetroUI.reg - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

But anyone can sit here and speculate about Win-8 all day and still not know sickem about it till they actually download it, install it and try it.

Have a go at it Mates!

No,I don't mean disable the Metro theme on Windows 8 to get the Windows 7 Aero theme. On Windows 7 if you go to personalization, you can set your theme to Windows 7 Aero which is transparent theme.
Then there is Windows 7 basic,which is Windows 7 Aero without much transparency.

And then there is Windows Classic,turns off Aero altogether and gives you the grey taskbar,grey start menu and inky blue desktop and is the Windows 98 style look. But you can change the start menu,taskbar and desktop color on Windows Classic to any color you want. That is the Windows Classic theme I am talking about.

But I don't know if they have the Windows Classic theme or not on Windows 8. Because I read somewhere that you can disable the Metro theme and get the Windows 7 Aero theme with normal start menu and desktop. But they don't have Windows Classic theme on Windows 8. But I don't know if that's true or not.

But I have got 6 netbooks,2 Windows XP which are brand new and bought last year. And were the last in the store. And the other 4 are Windows 7 netbooks also brand new,some bought last year and some in bought 2010.

So why do I need Windows 8 when I have already got several netbooks with Windows 7? I am planning to buy more laptops to stock up on computers. Because I want to avoid being stuck with Windows 8 in the future. I suggest other people do the same.

But even if Microsoft do make a Windows 8 with a normal desktop and start menu. Why do we need it if we have got Windows 7?

And a lot of people love Windows 7 there is nothing wrong or bad about Windows 7. The only disadvantage is perhaps Windows 7 comes without as much software as Windows Vista and Windows XP. For example windows 7 does not come with Windows Movie Maker, an email client,or the 3 different versions of Windows Media player like Windows XP does.

You know that Windows XP has got lots of nice software like WMP 9 and WMP 6.4 or mplayer 2.exe and WMP 5.1.mplay32exe,Netmeeting,Winchat,Outlook Express,which I cannot use and Windows Movie Maker 2.1.

Windows Vista has got the Vista has got Windows Movie Maker,Windows Sidebar,Windows Calendar and Windows Mail.

Windows 7 does not come with all off that but I have installed all of the Windows Vista software on Windows 7. And in addition to all of that I have recently installed Windows Movie Maker 2.1 from Windows XP which works on Windows 7,including the webcam feature.But I also have got Windows Movie Maker 6 and 2.6 as well on my Windows 7.

But I did not get Outlook Express running but Windows Mail works on Windows 7,even though I don't know how to use it. WMP 9,WMP 6.4 and WMP 5.1 did not work on Windows 7. But there is a You Tube video that showed someone did get WMP 9 working on Windows 7. But I don't know how he did it. But the video showed WMP working on Windows 7. But it involved a hack with Resource Hacker,which I never understood.But he got WMP 9 working on Windows 7.

Netmeeting also does not but Microsoft Shared View does. But they are discontinuing it after January 31st 2012 so I have got Team Viewer now.

So while it is true that Windows 7 does not come with all of the Windows XP and Windows Vista software when you first install it. But you can install most of it and run it in Windows 7.

And then of course you have got all of the modern and latest software that you can run as well in Windows 7. And also in Windows XP and Windows Vista. And you do not have the horrible no start menu and Metro theme like on Windows 8.

So we have got a good thing going with Windows 7. And everybody who has tried Windows 7 likes it and is impressed with it including me. So with all of that why use Windows 8? Andrea Borman.

So why do I need Windows 8 when I have already got several netbooks with Windows 7? I am planning to buy more laptops to stock up on computers. Because I want to avoid being stuck with Windows 8 in the future. I suggest other people do the same.
But even if Microsoft do make a Windows 8 with a normal desktop and start menu. Why do we need it if we have got Windows 7?
And then of course you have got all of the modern and latest software that you can run as well in Windows 7. And also in Windows XP and Windows Vista. And you do not have the horrible no start menu and Metro theme like on Windows 8.
So we have got a good thing going with Windows 7. And everybody who has tried Windows 7 likes it and is impressed with it including me. So with all of that why use Windows 8? Andrea Borman.
Andrea:
This is a warning and some advice as to what is considered appropriate forum etiquette. You have effectively Hijacked this thread who’s topic is “Hate to say it but Windows 7 sucks in my experience” that would suggest that the topic is aimed at a discussion regarding the Pros and Cons of Windows 7, yet you insisted on continuing your rant regarding your opinions regarding the Windows 8 Operating System.
Please stop.
Future posts by you or anyone else in this particular thread regarding the Windows 8 Operating System will be deleted as being inappropriate and off topic.
Regards
Randy

Andrea:
This is a warning and some advice as to what is considered appropriate forum etiquette. You have effectively Hijacked this thread who’s topic is “Hate to say it but Windows 7 sucks in my experience” that would suggest that the topic is aimed at a discussion regarding the Pros and Cons of Windows 7, yet you insisted on continuing your rant regarding your opinions regarding the Windows 8 Operating System.
Please stop.
Future posts by you or anyone else in this particular thread regarding the Windows 8 Operating System will be deleted as being inappropriate and off topic.
Regards
Randy

Ok Randy,I apologize for going off of the topic of the thread. I am sorry if I have annoyed anyone and I won't do it again. I am sorry. Andrea Borman.

Whew!

feed_trolls.gif

For a person, forced into buying a new computer today, Windows 7 is very frustrating.

And, can even wind up in physical action being taken.
a0370fb.gif

I take a little different tack, which my customers are very grateful for.

I shut down and delete all the BS, Bloatware and right down Spyware put on the new computer, by the manufacturer. Then I shut down a pot full of Services that no home user will ever need in their lifetime. Then I tweak and tune Windows itself for much improved memory management and finally I make it easier for the owner to be the master of their own computer. Finally when I'm done, I have a computer that runs great and is user friendly.

This is nothing new! I did the same thing for Windows 98 and every OS since then. It's been my life's work to improve on what others create. I even do the same thing with my little car. People can't understand why my car runs so much better than theirs and gets better gas mileage.

Wishing you all a very good 2012 and may this....
crash.gif

never happen to you.

Remember, you can fix a computer, but......
fix-1.jpg

cheers3.gif

Whew!

feed_trolls.gif

For a person, forced into buying a new computer today, Windows 7 is very frustrating.

And, can even wind up in physical action being taken.
a0370fb.gif

I take a little different tack, which my customers are very grateful for.

I shut down and delete all the BS, Bloatware and right down Spyware put on the new computer, by the manufacturer. Then I shut down a pot full of Services that no home user will ever need in their lifetime. Then I tweak and tune Windows itself for much improved memory management and finally I make it easier for the owner to be the master of their own computer. Finally when I'm done, I have a computer that runs great and is user friendly.

This is nothing new! I did the same thing for Windows 98 and every OS since then. It's been my life's work to improve on what others create. I even do the same thing with my little car. People can't understand why my car runs so much better than theirs and gets better gas mileage.

Wishing you all a very good 2012 and may this....
crash.gif

never happen to you.

Remember, you can fix a computer, but......
fix-1.jpg

cheers3.gif

Out of curiosity,where did you learn your computer skills? Andrea Borman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back