Windows 7 Hate to say it but Windows 7 sucks in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great and dandy, but what did it tell you changed that? Did it say that a virus/maleware changed it? If it did what did it say changed it?

Looking at what you said it looks like it was informing you that a system setting has been changed, and since you did it yourself, that would be something to ignore. The reason I say to ignore it, is becuse you did it and you know what it happened. This is an example of learning to use the software.

It just said that those registry keys were infected files that's all. But of course they were not. As when you disable a setting yourself which I did, it is on the registry. Andrea Borman.

The registry is a database, so in sorts that is a bunch of files that make up one single peice. Though that is a little up for argument and not the main point.

So now loking at it, it just said that there was a change to the registry. It told you what the change was and gave you the option to change it back. In no way did it tell you that you have a virus or maleware, just that a change was made. You admited openly that you changed it, so there was a change made. Granted it was made by you, but Malewarebites ignored that and informed you that there was a change made. That takes away the ability for maleware to make changes as your username and the software not inform you because it was done my your username. Just becaue it picks up something that could be potintaly dangerious, ie SYSTEM CHANGES, dose not mean that it is a false positive.

The registry is a database, so in sorts that is a bunch of files that make up one single peice. Though that is a little up for argument and not the main point.

So now loking at it, it just said that there was a change to the registry. It told you what the change was and gave you the option to change it back. In no way did it tell you that you have a virus or maleware, just that a change was made. You admited openly that you changed it, so there was a change made. Granted it was made by you, but Malewarebites ignored that and informed you that there was a change made. That takes away the ability for maleware to make changes as your username and the software not inform you because it was done my your username. Just becaue it picks up something that could be potintaly dangerious, ie SYSTEM CHANGES, dose not mean that it is a false positive.

It said that they were infected files but they were not. That just shows you how little these anti virus programs know. That's one of the reason I don't use them. Andrea Borman.

That's not an infected warning, you just proved that yourself. It didn't say you have AIDS, or KonFlictr is infectiong your system. All it is saying is that a system change was made. It ignored who was logged as being the user that made the system change and informed you that it was made. Then you can either revert the change or ignore it. If by the off chance it was made by a malisious entity, then you would be protected. This was made by you, so you know it was done, and that it is okay to ignore it. That is the learn to use the software portion of this.

Drew, I wanted to say I hear what you are saying and you are right. It is not an AV, and I'm not ignoreing that fact. I was going more on the line of "infected" as a general term for you got.

Naila,

It was not you who was referring to Malwarebytes as an "anti virus program" or "anti virus software". It is niether. What Malwarebytes did was used to justify not having any anti-virus security on a connected machine.

Drew

PS: Just smile, don't try to make sense of some things... fun/funny not, frustation

That's not an infected warning, you just proved that yourself. It didn't say you have AIDS, or KonFlictr is infectiong your system.

Just a minute,Aids is NOT a computer virus. It is a disease that affects the human immune system. Nothing to do with computers. Andrea Borman.

Wrong again. There is a computer virus named AIDS. Granted it is a really old virus and not even sure it can be used any more, for the simple fact of the way it works. Though it is real and another example of something you don't know. Just in the case that you dont understand hyperlinks, the underlined blue is a link to another page, and here it is again in simple form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_(computer_virus)

Wrong again. There is a computer virus named AIDS. Granted it is a really old virus and not even sure it can be used any more, for the simple fact of the way it works. Though it is real and another example of something you don't know. Just in the case that you dont understand hyperlinks, the underlined blue is a link to another page, and here it is again in simple form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_(computer_virus)

Well I clicked on your link and it took me to the Wikipedia site and they have deleted the article. So there is nothing there about that. They probably have changed the computer virus name to something else.

Which is just as well. As if you go into a computer repair shop and say to them, "Aids", they will think you have got that it. They won't know it is a computer virus. Andrea Borman.

No they have not changed the name. The hyperlink is not useing the last ) in the URL, that is why it says it dosen't exist. That is weird. Copy and past this, it will work.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_(computer_virus)

I will also send Mike a message about that and let him know that the url linking on the site is doing that. He might be able to fix that.

Aids can be many thigs, but it I believe is also a virus for both machine and human. The virus and disease are often referred to together as HIV/AIDS human link AIDS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Computer link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_(computer_virus)It can also be a drink like cool-ade, something someone here drinks a lot of concerning knowledge of computers and virus's :) :)

Well I think it is stupid to give a computer virus the same name as a human disease. They should change the name of that computer virus to something else.

Anyway malware or a computer virus does not have a name.A computer virus is a computer virus. And if you have got a computer virus you have got a problem. Andrea Borman.

I THINK WINDOWS SEVEN SUCKS TOO, IM GOING TO STOCK UP ON LOTS OF XP LAPTOPS JUST TO MAKE SURE I DONT INSTALL WINDOWS SEVEN
by mistake. ooops caps!
MIND YOU i quite like the aero features and the start menu and the libraries and ....oh sod it im gonna stick with it.

what are your thoughts on windows 8

Well if you would read the article, it is called AIDS because the letters AIDS takes up half the screen. It was named that to make it easy to identify. What the hell else would you call it, "there is no cure"?

Yes computer viruses and maleware all have names. Some are given by the author some are given by ageancies like NetworkAssociates and Symantech. The point is at least by the time they are defined they get a name, to identify it, what it can and will do and how to "clean" it.

Duh I have been running computer since 93 attacked yes infected no as I run multiple protection prgrams along with an AV program. I will put it bluntly to run a computer on WWW without a AV and various other protections such as maleware and anti spy ware programs is insane and stupid this includes all versions of windows.

But even the best AV setup is not 100%. I therefore image about 3 times per week so that I always have an easy fallback system. It is a no brainer to image and takes only a few minutes. Restoring an image in 20 minutes beats a reinstall when the house is on fire.

I don't back up my OS, seems to be a waste of space to me. I rather back up all my data and games with the little 2TB backup drive that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom