Windows 7 Hate to say it but Windows 7 sucks in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did delete that crapfest of bloat ware called a recovery and no it was not a mistake. I do not need it. I install from a clean copy of Windows. Also, I was not thinking that you are not familiar with MSDN. Microsoft Developers Network or MSDN for short. Is a community of people that work on and with Windows. If you have a subscription and pay for it, then you can download a .iso of Windows anytime you want, however many times you want. So yes I can download Windows from the Internet any time I want. I really like having access to a premium MSDN account.

What about Windows XP can you download that? And what about the product key and activating Windows? Which you must do in order to use it.

Hi again!

"You cannot just download it from the Internet. There are no Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system ISO files or downloads."

That's just not true!

All the operating system ISO files are available for download free, with Microsoft's blessing.

Just go to...

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River « My Digital Life

Microsoft doesn't care if you download Windows installation files because you can't use it unless you have a valid serial number.

But if you do, and you don't have a Windows DVD or CD they don't care if you make your own.

These files are available because Digital River has a license from Microsoft to sell Windows registration numbers, and a number isn't going to do you any good without the software to go with it.

Mike

No HP or Dell homo helper software crap.

roflmao21.gif

Hi again!

"You cannot just download it from the Internet. There are no Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system ISO files or downloads."

That's just not true!

All the operating system ISO files are available for download free, with Microsoft's blessing.

Just go to...

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River « My Digital Life

Microsoft doesn't care if you download Windows installation files because you can't use it unless you have a valid serial number.

But if you do, and you don't have a Windows DVD or CD they don't care if you make your own.

These files are available because Digital River has a license from Microsoft to sell Windows registration numbers, and a number isn't going to do you any good without the software to go with it.

Mike

But what about the others,Windows 2000,Windows XP and Windows Vista?

As Joe said there is really no reason to download Windows XP any more.
Windows 7 works better in almost every way, and if you don't like the interface just use Classic Shell (I do) and your all set.

I haven't found anything that runs in Windows XP that I couldn't get to run in Windows 7, even my old Tomb Raider games from the 90s. They sure look crude now though.

If you really wanted a copy of XP there are places where you can download the ISO files.
They don't have the blessing of Microsoft but there are so many Windows XP disks around that you should be able to get access to one if you really needed it, any XP disk will do.

Even an early one can be updated if you already have a serial number.

I have both 32 and 64 bit disks complete with unregistered serial numbers that I've never used.
I don't know why I really hang onto them, but I'll probably never find a use for them now.

Maybe I could sell them on Ebay.

Mike

THEY ARE DEAD what's hard to understand about that. There is no legitimate place to download them and almost nobody wants them.
Joe

I want Windows XP,Windows 2000, and Windows Vista as much as I want Windows 7. And I have got Windows 7 and Windows XP. The only one I don't want is Windows 8.

I don't have to run activation. My product key is volume licence and puting it in by passes the activation through Microsoft. The product key that I put in is regestered with a company name. This is done for business so that no matter what we do to the hardware, the activation wont invalidate, even when using a single image for 100 machines, of different make and model. With a regular consumer key it has a limit to the amount of time it can be installed. If I remember corectly on 7 it is 3 or 4 times now. All that matters with a volume license is that we don't go over how many we are allowed to have at a single time. So we have 200 licenses and are using 150-shomething, so we are in the clear, for 40-something more computers to be running our license still. Not sure on the numbers I would have to read the documentation to be sure and I dont feel like going to Houston (3 hour drive) to pull that out and look at it right now. The last time I looked we had Windows 2000 Professional, XP Professional, Server 2003 Enterprise, Server 2003 Enterprise R2, 7 Ultimate and 2008 Enterprise R2. My boss limited the account, so now I can only get on to it at the office, kinda sucks, but its all good. So yea I can get perty much any Windows I want. Though I am a special case, cause I have access to the account like that. You can get copies of Windows on the Internet, but you have to be carefull. If you get one that has been edited in any way, that then becomes illegal, and could get you in trouble. You can download a copy from any where you want, just as long as the product activation is intact and it requires a product key. That part is not illegal, Microsoft can not care less where you get the install from, the only care about that product key. Is it valid, dose it beling to you, did you steal it, that kind of stuff. If you are using your own key, that is valid and legal, then they wont ask you where the install media came from.

U guys having fun yet? We see you struggling, striving, frustrated, trying to give (someone) closure in this thread. Do you not see that, instead, @ every turn, it mearly opens a new can of worms?? Look back... everytime, w/ the best of intent, that y'all try to correct, understand or rebutt some comment it's like throwing petrol on a fire. Amazing to watch this go from, a new OS is & will be unuseable to the virtues & accessability of an obsolete OS, yeeesh. (followed by laughter).

But, then, again, if you're ok beating your heads against a wall, it's good fun & funny reading for the rest of us

U guys having fun yet? We see you struggling, striving, frustrated, trying to give (someone) closure in this thread. Do you not see that, instead, @ every turn, it mearly opens a new can of worms?? Look back... everytime, w/ the best of intent, that y'all try to correct, understand or rebutt some comment it's like throwing petrol on a fire. Amazing to watch this go from, a new OS is & will be unuseable to the virtues & accessability of an obsolete OS, yeeesh. (followed by laughter).

But, then, again, if you're ok beating your heads against a wall, it's good fun & funny reading for the rest of us

Right now there are 2 or 3 more of these threads in the same vain. There are probably more posts on them in the past week than on the rest of the forum combined. Then there are several old threads in the same vain.
Joe

I had once suggested to close those junk threads. But apparently nobody wants to do that. Maybe it is part of the entertainment program.

Right now there are 2 or 3 more of these threads in the same vain. There are probably more posts on them in the past week than on the rest of the forum combined. Then there are several old threads in the same vain.
Joe

I had once suggested to close those junk threads. But apparently nobody wants to do that. Maybe it is part of the entertainment program.

I can see what you are saying about this thread. I will take my part in appologizeing for off topic responces and talk. Do we want to make a vote on it and end this discussion and start a new topic? If that is the sencious, I will go along with it with out question.

Windows 7 has been the very best OS that I've used from MS, and I've been a Windows user since Windows 2000 Pro was released. The only OS between all of those that I skipped out on was Vista. Went straight from XP Pro to Win 7 Pro x64.

Actually, I was scared like crap, after reading all of the 32 vs 64 & 64 vs 32 threads & articles on forums & in articles. I didn't know what to expect. But when that new PC arrived at my doorstep, I put everything in place, fired it up, went through the usual EULA's, it rebooted a time or two, and there was my perfect Windows 7.

I instantly fell in love, as Windows 7 is a very simple OS to use & maintain. Plus it's more secure than prior versions (using good computing practices). It has all that I need for years to come. As a plus, 7 Pro is supported until sometime in 2020, the Home versions (including Ultimate) until 2015. That sounds kinda odd, being that Ultimate costs more, but it's considered a Home version, whereas Pro & Enterprise are business versions. The user gets a lot for their money with 7 Pro.

Not to disagree with the OP, but I've yet to find a reason to say that Windows 7 "sucks".

Cat

To Andrea: It's is simpler than XP, XP was built on the foundation of Windows 2000. Windows 2000 wasn't meant to be a consumer OS, although many users of the OS were home users. And it's far more secure than some reports have claimed, but not as secure as Windows 7 by a long shot. I can say that it's as good as an OS as XP, because for 6 years, it met my needs, and not once did I get a virus or malware on the OS. Only when I began dual booting with XP Pro did I begin to have these kind of issues.

To run it, you will need an older machine, like a Dell Latitude or IBM ThinkPad, anything produced before SATA hard drives became the norm. I have a Windows 2000 Pro install on a ThinkPad T42 that I bought a month ago for $99 on eBay. For it's age, it was in pristine (like new) condition. The only thing that I needed was a battery, which I found the exact OEM one for $30.

It's happily dual booting with XP Media Center, not my main computer, just something to use when moving about the house, or outside. And resides only on 12GB (the actual OS only uses 6GB) on my hard drive.

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom