Windows 7 Help - Directly connected to router, but still no internet

Nomade

Hi, i need some help please. I have 2 desktops and one notebook. Initially, my home network included only a desktop (windows xp) directly connected to my router, and a notebook (windows vista) wirelessly connected to my router. Today, i tried to connect (directly, with a cable) my other desktop (windows 7). Although this shouldn't happen, i get no internet connection on it. The network is detected obviously, but with no internet, which is strange.

Additional info:

- My router is a WRT54GS, by Linksys
- My PC with Windows 7 used to be previously connected to another network: a switch that shares the internet connection with my neighbours in my other apartment. There it works with no problem at all.

Thank you in advice for your help, and if you need any more info, just ask me.

Go here, determine your current version and determine if there is a firmware update for your router http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT54GS/download. Make sure you read and understand how to perform a firmware upgrade, the information should be in your owner's manual or you can download it from linksys. You might just try unchecking IPv6 in the properties of you Network Adapter just to see if that has any impact. Some older routers seem to have some issues with IPv6.

Back
Top Bottom