Windows 7 HELP - startup problem

shakey55

I'm very much a novice but can follow instructions to get things done.

I am running windows 7.

I have an ASUS laptop and the other night I watch a movie that I had on an external hard drive. After the movie I can't remember how the system was shut down or how the hard drive was removed from laptop.

The next time I went to start up laptop it was going through the normal process, but the picture was shaking violently. I decided to shut down again and restart. When I attempted this I got a black screen before the windows icon is shown.

I have attempted to open in safe mode, but get the same thing.

I think it is a loading problem and there is a conflict when loading.

How do I access my computer to see if there is a problem to repair or in fact reinstall windows 7.

I do apologise but I net instructions that a layman can understand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have an external monitor you could use to check?

You might try booting to some other media so the Windows install is not involved.

Usually, as you probably know, Safe Mode will just start the basic drivers for the system. If it is having problems there, it might be the actual device having the problem.

From the way you describe the problem, watching the video might have caused some damage which is showing up in the restart. Hopefully these suggestions will help sort it out.

To access your recovery options, check the owner's manual. It is probably some key combination that has to be entered while being powered on, or shortly after.

Back