Windows 7 [HELP] Windows 7 Keyboard problem in EVERY SINGLE GAME!

georgewesker97

I have this problem since I installed Windows 7. Now when I hold a button on the keyboard for example "W" games register that I've held it two times as long! I do not know what to do I've lost the will to play.:(

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon x64 (Dual core) 4000+
2.00 RAM
ENGTS 250 DDR3 1GB
320 GB HDD
GIGABYTE S-Series Motherboards GA-M56S-S3
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
DirectX 11.0

With this system i can play Crysis on MAX details in 1280x1024.

I hope you can help me. :(

My keyboard is: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Last edited:
I would try to reinstall your keyboard thru the device manager,here is a link to get your drivers.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I found out what is my keyboard it's :
Logitech Y-SU45 Deluxe Keyboard

There is no drivers for my keyboard neither on site you post neither on logitech site so i dont know where should i find that stupid driver for windows 7.

You keyboard uses the native USB driver already present in the OS.

Reference:

Deluxe Desktop

How did you come to the conclusion that "games register that I've held it two times as long"?

Is it possible that your system specs are below average, making the games not as responsive as you'd like them to be?

Last edited:
I have this problem since I installed Windows 7. Now when I hold a button on the keyboard for example "W" games register that I've held it two times as long! I do not know what to do I've lost the will to play.:(

I do not really understand the question but I guess it's probably the key delay/repeat rate you are talking here. these settings are part of the keyboard driver - try the vista driver maybe?

It's called input LAG and can happen when you play at high res on LCD monitors with low response times ie: greater than 5ms

My computer isn't below system requirements of my games, i am talking about:

Just Cause 2
Portal
Battlefield Bad Company 2
SWAT 4
PES 2010
TM Nations Forever

I have:

AMD Athlon x64 (Dual core) 4000+
2.00 RAM
ENGTS 250 DDR3 1GB
320 GB HDD
GIGABYTE S-Series Motherboards GA-M56S-S3
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
DirectX 11.0

and my monitor is LG Flatron L1953PR.
I play at 1280x1024.

Is that a problem because this games ran properly in windows xp but then i was playing at 1024x728.

I was saying before get the keyboard driver from Logitech - it is there for download (Win7)
I bet you have not installed it :)

btw, your keyboard is U-SU45, no?

here we go but no 7 driver... try the Vista one
Deluxe Desktop

If you look earlier in the thread, I've already posted that the keyboard uses native OS drivers. There are none available from Logitech. From the link:

"This product does not ship with software. It uses the native USB drivers already present in your operating system. "

It's system lag causing the issue asLink Removed - Invalid URL Athlonite and I are saying.

George, If you're running AVG, this could be a problem.Link Removed - Invalid URL

try turning down some of the graphical eye candy settings an see if that helps if not then your just going to have to put up with it or buy better hardware that can cope with the visual demands of the games you want to play

I noticed you wrote that you were using a PS/2 connection, you could try changing to USB but really it should be fast enough..
You could try messing with the settings highlighted in the screenshot as well as giving your machine a general clean using something like this free app: CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Finally if all else fails... Buy, beg or borrow another k'board. :)

Back
Top Bottom