Windows 7 Help with BSODs

dmcmillen

Extraordinary Member
Win 7, 64 bit, Home Premium
12Gb memory, 120GB SSD system drive.
Norton Antivirus running

Just started happening today. 3B, 1E, 24, and 3B so far. System is very unstable. Everything very slow and this is a fast machine. Everything is taking forever to load, sometimes won't shut down, have to pull plug.
I am including minidumps. Runs in Safe mode. All disks except SSD system drive showing no errors/problems in chkdsk. Would appreciate some help here.

David

Attachments

• 110513-18283-01.dmp
    279.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 110513-20389-01.dmp
    277 KB · Views: 314
  • 110513-28813-01.dmp
    282.7 KB · Views: 329
  • 110513-34788-01.dmp
    278.2 KB · Views: 374
Let's start by removing Norton / Symantec software.
Norton / Symantec products can often be at issue in these types of problems. Please uninstall Norton using the programs uninstaller if available in the program’s directory otherwise use the programs and features applet in the control panel and follow that up with the Norton Removal Tool. And consider using Microsoft Security Essentials as at least a temporary replacement.

Let's start by removing Norton / Symantec software.
Would prefer not to do that. NAV has been running in this configuration for a couple of years with no problems. This started getting worse after installing upgrades of Corel Paint Shop Pro X6 and Video Studio X6. Don't really know whether that's the cause. Everything is very slow, including my backups. Backup of SSD C: drive with Norton Ghost has been an hour calculating time for incremental backup. Acting like a disk or memory problem. I don't see anything hogging cpu.

Would prefer not to do that. NAV has been running in this configuration for a couple of years with no problems. This started getting worse after installing upgrades of Corel Paint Shop Pro X6 and Video Studio X6. Don't really know whether that's the cause. Everything is very slow, including my backups. Backup of SSD C: drive with Norton Ghost has been an hour calculating time for incremental backup. Acting like a disk or memory problem. I don't see anything hogging cpu.
You won't get anywhere speculating. If you don't want to try a suggestion here, do yourself a favor and restore your system back before you installed the upgrades and see if that helps you. Other than that, no one else can help anyone who is not willing to try anything. Good luck!
Cheers!

You won't get anywhere speculating. If you don't want to try a suggestion here, do yourself a favor and restore your system back before you installed the upgrades and see if that helps you. Other than that, no one else can help anyone who is not willing to try anything. Good luck!
Cheers!

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. By the way, this is all speculation based on our experience. Would rather go at this with a scalpel and not a machete. I am aware of problems that Norton can cause. I liked Peter Norton in the old days, but I'm not enamored with Symantec. Have been running NAV and Ghost for years now with no problems. Not saying NAV is not the problem, would prefer to eliminate other possibilities first. Removing NAV is a large step and reinstalling is a pain.

I have run WinDFT and it the Smart Self Test failed on my Hitachi 3gb, SATA600 data drive with Read Element Failure. CrystalDisk Info shows this drive as a caution because of Reallocated Sectors Count at 100min, 100max with a threshold of 67 and Current Pending Sector Count at 100min, 100max with a threshold of 0.

Memtest 4.3.5 showed 1 error in 1 pass, 3 iterations with an Error Confidence Value of 236. Only 1 bit error.

Have been running in Safe Mode with networking ok. Just 1 more bsod (not safe mode), a 34 cache_manager error which is generally a file system error.

Has anyone been able to look at the minidumps?

Appreciate everyone's help.

Last edited:
I understand dude no problem.
It's just that there's no use digging so deep if the solution is right under your nose. You can spend a whole week looking for problems but only takes 5mins to do system restore or uninstall something and get your system back.

Most experts don't use Norton.
Hope someone here will try to help you.

Back