Windows 7 How can I get Windows to stop "checking for a solution"?

trog69

Fantastic Member
As a gamer that has mods installed in many of my games, I'm well aware that sometimes things won't mesh properly, and the game will crash to desktop(ctd). My question is, how can I get around the Windows checking for a solution, which usually forces me to have to Ctrl/Alt/Del again to get it to stop.

Is there some way for me to tell Windows NOT to check for solutions? This is certainly not a huge issue, but I just purchased a 1440p monitor, and I'm running into a couple of instances where my resolution upscaling workarounds will of course cause some minor hiccups. I'd love to be able to return to the game faster.

Thanks for any help.

Control Panel, System & Security, Action Center, Change Action Center Settings, Problem Reporting Settings, Never check for solutions (not recommended)

Thank you so much.

EDIT: I've wondered about the viability of "solution checking", since it only seemed to find one or two solutions to issues, and that was many years ago. I haven't seen it provide an answer in a looong time.

Considering you may want every oz of resources you can get for gaming you may want to disable the "Windows Error Reporting Service" as well.

That's a great idea! I have a GTX 680 4gb FTW card running the show right now, so I've plenty of firepower, but I am pushing the card to the limit with Crysis 2's DX11 and the eye-candy at full blast. heh. Thanks again!

Back