Windows 7 How can i make complete backup (if possible) to the OS?

skeptic

when i go to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore
i have option to make backup this one i already know
but what i want to do is to make complete backup for the OS so if someday
i would like to format i can restore my backup which already have all drivers and apps on it so i won't have to reinstall all over again which takes hours
i know how to do it with external apps using true image but its kinda crap cause to restore it i must have some other os installed and i also must backup all partitions
so i though maybe there is option to do it here more easily since there is backup form

Hello and Welcome to the windows7forums. : )

Two ways:

1. Backup and Restore:

Windows 7 Feature Focus

W7Bkup03-Ul.png

2. Using 3rd party software, like Paragon for example:

http://windows7forums.com/blogs/mike/247-how-perform-bare-metal-backup-recovery-video.html

Link Removed - Invalid URL

www.clonezilla.org

i know how to do it with external apps using true image but its kinda crap cause to restore it i must have some other os installed and i also must backup all partitions
I use True Image all the time and neither of these problems is true. From within TI you can use a tool to burn a bootable disk version of TI which will enable you to run a full recovery to an empty drive.

It's also worth remembering (if you don't already do this) that it is best to keep all user data on a separate drive, keeping your system drive to a manageable size with just op sys and apps on it (mines about 18GB).

Handy Backup software can do it well. I have used several backup programs for years, and I recommend Handy Backup, it's easy and reliable backup software (compatible with Windows).
Hope it will work for you too.

Back