Windows 7 How much is my desktop worth?

MattKimura

I just bought a new Windows laptop that I'm happy with, and I want to get rid of my desktop which I don't need anymore. But I'm not sure how much it's worth.

I got the desktop back in 2011. Here are the specs:

HP-Elite 500z Desktop computer

CPU: AMD Athlon II quadcore @ 3.2 GHz
Ram: 6 GB
HDD: 1 TB
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6570 [2 GB] (Stopped working)

So my graphics card stopped functioning. I'm not able to load videos, play games, etc. So I'd sell it while letting the buyer know that the graphics card isn't working.
The tower will be sold alone, with the original recovery discs and a keyboard and mouse, speakers. and a wifi adapter.

I bought this desktop for $700 from the HP website back then.
What is my desktop worth if I would sell it?

This new laptop I bought is $400, I only got it because I can't figure out how to fix my desktop. Plus I don't have a monitor to use anymore so it's useless to me. I wonder if I should return the laptop and just pay $100 for a new graphics card and $100 new monitor instead.
So the real question is sell my desktop for a price, or return the new laptop and pay to fix the desktop instead?

Last edited:
Need the exact make/model number along with serial number as there are 7 options for the CPU.

The desktop itself is worth fixing. As for the GPU not working, we need to know if it's an onboard GPU or an actual GPU card in a PCIe slot?

I think you will be better off fixing this desktop and add a monitor. On Ebay it will not fetch a lot of money - in the condition $200 max. And a desktop is better than any laptop - unless you need portability.

Need the exact make/model number along with serial number as there are 7 options for the CPU.

The desktop itself is worth fixing. As for the GPU not working, we need to know if it's an onboard GPU or an actual GPU card in a PCIe slot?

Serial number is: 2MD1240027
Product number: XX091AV#ABA
Model number: HPE-500z

The gpu I believe, is a PCI slot. It's been impossible to fix it without knowing much info about it, so I'll have to open it and have a look I've asked about my graphics card before, but nobody knows for sure how to fix it. I heard that if Windows can load up, then it's not messed up and is working. I wonder if it's even possible to fix it as it is now.

Edit: Yep I definitely have a PCI GPU. I have those exact slots on the back from the link you showed me, minus the VGA port. Im looking at it right now.

I think you will be better off fixing this desktop and add a monitor. On Ebay it will not fetch a lot of money - in the condition $200 max. And a desktop is better than any laptop - unless you need portability.

You're right, I should just fix my desktop. If it has all this power, it's not worth throwing away and getting rid of it. I'll work on returning my laptop.
I also have a Chromebook, which I've been using more than anything else. It's been my main computer, I just love how fast it starts, and Im able to use internet. I just missed windows and bought the laptop. I used to love my desktop, it was able to play so much good games.

Someone suggested that I flash my bios for my gpu, but I had no luck on that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom