How to easily clean an infected computer

holdum333

Banned
Hi! Sense we don't have a malware team here on the forum, here's some great tools you can use to clean a infected PC. I have used all of them and they get the job done. Rather then me listing the software, this link does the job for me!;);)
Please add any programs that you use and recommend. If you think you still have malware after running these, I recommend a forum that has trained Malwareware fighters! I hope this thread is appropriate and helps forum members.
Malware includes computer viruses, ransomware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, malicious BHOs, rogue security software and other malicious programs; the majority of active malware threats are usually worms or trojans rather than viruses.
How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)

Last edited:
There are tons of good tools not mentioned in that post. GMer for rootkits, HijackThis for browser BHOs. Autoruns from SysInternals.

There are tons of good tools not mentioned in that post. GMer for rootkits, HijackThis for browser BHOs. Autoruns from SysInternals.
Yuppers! There are tons of good tools! Hijack this is a little behind times however. I could not list all the tools. I just listed the ones that I find are recommended on several help forums, that I have registered on. I hope other members have some favorites to add also!
Thank you for your reply my friend. I enjoy working with you here on the forum! Two many forums don't use team work and I find that very sad.
Thanks @Neemobeer for your reply!

What are you to do when you have a computer problem so bad that your computer won't start at all and you're pretty sure a virus or some other malware is to blame? How do you scan for viruses when you can't start Windows to do a virus scan?

This is where a bootable antivirus program becomes the hero of the day. With a bootable virus scanner, you create a special flash drive or CD/DVD disc from a working computer and then use it on the infected machine to scan the hard drive for viruses - all without needing to start Windows!
Here are 15 Bootable AV Programs by Tim Fisher that might help get your PC cleaned up enough to get it running again!

15 Free Bootable Antivirus Programs

Back