Windows 7 How to extend the taskbar to all my extended Desktop

I have an extend desktop to 2 monitor. But my taskbar is only in my first monitor.

Is there any way to make the taskbar extended to the second monitor to?

Regards,

Thank you David,

The learning period to Win8 is not desirable. I think the aggressive change in the interface, was a BIG mistake (Bill Gates also think the same). The need to purchase a third-party app to get the simple and basic "Start Button", Etc.

In addition, I have MANY WinXP programs that barely work in Win7, and I am sure I am going to find MUCH of them which do not work in Win8.

I think that the software is the one which define the operating system and I do not want to spend money upgrading all my software to the last version just to be able to upgrade to Win8. Maybe, in the future, but not right know.

Best regards.

RE Learning period and Start Button
There is not much to learn. It is just a matter of getting used to it.
There is a very good FREE program which brings back the Start button and menu.
It is called Start Menu 8, by IObit. Absolutely like you are back in Vista or Win 7.

RE : XP programs barely work in win 7
Have you tried to run in Compatibility.
Right click at the program > Properties > Compatibility tab at the top > under Compatibility mode, check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for......" > from the box, select Windows XP > OK

Unfortunately, the WinXp Compatilibity mode does not work for all apps in the real world.

I have 3 apps that does not work in tht XP Compatilibility mode:

- Yamaha XG Player. The best MIDI player I have found. It starts once and after the reproduction has finished it closes automatically. And it does not start if I open it by clicking the MIDI file (and set the MIDI extension to run with this application).

- Vanbasco Karaoke Player. Another VERY good MIDI player, which is in a similar state in XP Compatibility mode.

- Synthogy GrandPianos v1.0. This is the BEST virtual realistic pianos sounds in the world. even in the XP Compatibility mode, the installer fails in Win7.

This programs fails totally or partially, even if I run them in the virtual machine Windows XP Mode.

Does not exist a newer version for two of that programs. And the third, exist for Win8 but paying the upgrade to the last version. I do not need to pay any upgrade by itself, it would be need only to upgrade to Win8.

So far so here, what Win8 gives me (more), noes not worth the upgrade.

Just for the know: IObit software has been known to be problematic and buggy on some systems and tends to carry some bloatware with it.

For a start button: Classic Shell is one of the top rated free apps out there for windows 8. I personally use Start8 from Stardock. It has a more realistic feel to it then Classic Shell does.

As for the taskbar extender....I've use both Multimon and Display Fusion. Multimon is free to try, Display fusion is free, but there is a paid version for display fusion, which I have.

Just for the know: IObit software has been known to be problematic and buggy on some systems and tends to carry some bloatware with it.

For a start button: Classic Shell is one of the top rated free apps out there for windows 8. I personally use Start8 from Stardock. It has a more realistic feel to it then Classic Shell does.

As for the taskbar extender....I've use both Multimon and Display Fusion. Multimon is free to try, Display fusion is free, but there is a paid version for display fusion, which I have.

Thank you bassfish6522.

Its good that you have already used the Display Fusion Taskbar. Is there any feature of the native taskbar which is not present (or is present but with some differences) in the Display Fusion Taskbar? Have you uninstalled any time the Display Fusion Taskbar without any problem to bring back the native taskbar?

In windows 7, to extend the taskbar is not natively installed in the OS. However, in windows 8 it is. Those two software simple add the code in, which will allow you to do so. You'll just have to play around with it to get the feel for it. I've not had any problems installing, using or uninstalling the software.

I don't know if Multimon is the same as UltraMon. I am using UltraMon on my 3-monitor setup. You can extend the taskbar, or simply mirror the taskbar to the other monitor.

Right now, I installed DualMonitor 1.22 (GNU Licence). It has much less features than the various apps you have recommend me, but it mainly installs the Taksbar in the second monitor, and I can "exit" from it and the taskbar in the second monitor disappear. I can re-run the program and put the taskbar again. All dynamically without restart the PC.

When I move a program window to the second monitor, it moves automatically the button to the taskbar in the second monitor. When I "exit" and quit the taskbar from the second monitor, the buttons move again to the "main" (native) taskbar.

Small and easy. Enough for me.

Thank you!

I work with multiple monitors systems many years and and i try to use many different software products for it. But now i found Actual Multiple Monitors by Actual Tools and this one is really great. I have got full control under my system with it.

Back