Windows 8 How to re-set the to factory setting

Apan

Our daughter has a Laptop with OS 8.1 64 bit. She passed away a few weeks ago and we want give that Laptop to a person who used to help her in daily routine. The laptop has password and finger print security. How do I remove those security prior to given that Laptop?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Settings>updates and security and then recovery. You can reset from there.
Thank you for your suggestion. However it states that a password protection has to be there. I could not remove the accounts without creating a new account. The new owner probably has to remove the old account and create new account with password.

Re-install completely from scratch using the installation disks that came with the computer. This is to bring it back to new factory state as like when it was bought. If it will not let you, remove the hard disk, add it to another computer using USB adapter, and remove the partition(s) on it. When putting it back to the new computer it will be blank. Run the factory installation disks or USB key to re-install as like new. You may need the registration key. Should be with the documents that came with the computer or on a tag that is with the software.

Thank you for your suggestion. However it states that a password protection has to be there. I could not remove the accounts without creating a new account. The new owner probably has to remove the old account and create new account with password.
Reset will remove all accounts it'll run the post setup at first boot for the new owner.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom