Windows 7 I cannot figure this out at all

ouv

I've never had this problem, but now I am and I'm stuck, been about two days and can't figure it out.

I have a netbook or a notebook laptop.

Samsung n-130

No disc tray, I have all the windows 7, windows vista and xp, and almost all linux Operating Systems

When I get to installing on the hard drive, I get this:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition"

I've tried everything on google, but can't figure it out.

I do this all by usb, and it has one hard drive.

I use parted magic to wipe it clean or partition it.

Please help, I need this for school.

AIM: [email protected]
or
awulka

TWITTER: ouvs

Thanks.

Slow down ouv. How exactly are you trying to install and what are you trying to install? Are you using a USB CD drive or a thumb drive with the OS loaded on it?
Which OS gives you that error message?
What did you do exactly with parted magic?

I'm trying to install any kind of windows. Home Premium, Ultimate, Starter, or even XP. I'm using the ISO image and making my USB the bootable drive. I have two that I've been trying. 4gb Lexar and a 8gb Sandisk.
All the windows 7 give that error message.
I used Parted Magic to format the hdd and tried to make partitions, but I ended up just formatting it.

Define a primary, active partition (e.g. 25GB) on your disk and install into that. You can do the definition with Command Prompt and those commands:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (where n is the number that was given for your HDD in List disk)
Clean
Create partition primary size=25GB
Format fs=ntfs quick
Active
Exit

Define a primary, active partition (e.g. 25GB) on your disk and install into that. You can do the definition with Command Prompt and those commands:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (where n is the number that was given for your HDD in List disk)
Clean
Create partition primary size=25GB
Format fs=ntfs quick
Active
Exit

Still the same thing, I'm trying to install xp on it now, as long as i can get any type of windows on it, I'll be fine. I just don't want linux because it disconnects from my wireless sometimes and it's annoying when I have to restart the computer to find available connections.

Sounds like a hardware problem. You can always get Windows installed if your hardware is in order. There may be issues, but finally it will work.

Thus, check the computer.

Last edited:
Back