Windows 7 Image distorted in 1080p

xamahamza

Hello I have a problem with my resolution.
I have a Nvidia Gefore GT 220 and a Samsung SyncMaster TA350 monitor connected to my pc using an HDMI cable.

My problem is when i want to change my resolution to 1920x1080p the display gets distorted

I don't know if it's a monitor problem or the problem comes from my pc (windows or Graphic card settings)
Now i'm working on a 1680x1050p resolution now but i'm not satisfied with it (games, films...)
I think it's a monitor setting problem cause when i wanted to show you an image example of 1080p resolution and and changed back to 1680x1050p the image seems fine no distortion (hope you see what i meant)

I tried:
- to update my graphic card driver
- change windows settings
- change Nvidia settings
- change monitor setting

Anyone can help me please to solve my problem

I tried to install the software giving with the monitor cd but it didn't work
i'll try this one

thank you for responding.

I found my monitor software but it didn't solve the problem :(
any other solution please

Last edited:
I've tried looking for a solution but it seems one is escaping me right now.. I did notice however that Samsung does have a troubleshooter. I would try that for now. If you look on the same page you found your software you should see it.

On the system I have, the HDMI connection is not as clear as a DVI connection. So since I do not have sound on the monitor, I use the DVI. Also, the DVI output fits the screen exactly where as the HDMI output has to be scaled to fit using the software for the video card. If you run media on you monitor, you probably don't want to use the DVI, but you could test.

They are supposed to be the same output, so not really sure which end actually needs adjusting, but I seem to remember using a DVI-HDMI converter and the signal still needed adjusting. So it would seem the difference might come from how the inputs are processed on the monitors/TVs. And I have had the same experience while using both a Nvidia GTX480 or Intel onboard graphics connected to a Samsung 24" or a Sony 46".

I've tried looking for a solution but it seems one is escaping me right now.. I did notice however that Samsung does have a troubleshooter. I would try that for now. If you look on the same page you found your software you should see it.

Oki I'll try it and report ASAP

On the system I have, the HDMI connection is not as clear as a DVI connection. So since I do not have sound on the monitor, I use the DVI. Also, the DVI output fits the screen exactly where as the HDMI output has to be scaled to fit using the software for the video card. If you run media on you monitor, you probably don't want to use the DVI, but you could test.

They are supposed to be the same output, so not really sure which end actually needs adjusting, but I seem to remember using a DVI-HDMI converter and the signal still needed adjusting. So it would seem the difference might come from how the inputs are processed on the monitors/TVs. And I have had the same experience while using both a Nvidia GTX480 or Intel onboard graphics connected to a Samsung 24" or a Sony 46".

So you suppose and I connect with DVI ? i have to buy it :(

Sorry for not replying back sooner.. Xamahamza can you post the exact model you own. I only ask as you said the one I found drivers for is different to yours..

I found the solution after so many tries, i found this website by digging in google

Link Removed due to 404 Error

and it saved my day

the problem was that the monitor didn't recognize the nature of the connection, and i had to tell him that there is a pc connected to my HDMI so it works like charm

Back