Windows 7 Incompatible Windows 7 Programs

The beta version of VCD works fine for me running Win 7 32 & 64 bit.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.3: 2009 01 29
- New: Added option to keep history of last mounted files
- New: Added support for unicode filenames (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Added support for UTF8 image names in .dvd files (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Sets media type (DVD, BDR) by parsing the image, if no .dvd
file is used or the .dvd file doesn't contain a media type
- New: Added /b command switch to VCDMount.exe to browse for image
- New: Added /h command switch to VCDMount.exe to clear history
- New: Added support for Windows 7 (beta)
- New: Added daemon.exe tool so 3rd party applications written for
Daemon Tools can be used
- New: Added "Virtual Sheep" for 64bit OS
- Change: "Buffered I/O" setting in VCDPrefs is now in effect
for files mounted over the network (default is off)
- Fix (Windows 2000/XP/Vista): Some reliability fixes
- Fix: VCDPrefs could hang when clicking "OK"
- Updated languages
- Some minor changes and improvements

I am having trouble with FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0. I can get it to install properly and it will open a FM database locally but I cannot connect to a remote server to open a database. All of the other functions of this appear to work correctly, though.

As a cd/dvd burner for W7 I use cdburnerxp, same as I used in XP, Link Removed due to 404 Error
I havent tried AVG antivirus, I use ESED.
I would uninstall the programs you mentioned you think are causing the system to crash, one by one and try find out which program is the cause. If that doesnt help, try System Restore to a previous point before installing these programs.
Good luck to you / magnus

programs and windows7

My first run of W7 niether Nero or AVG refused to work and then my computer crashed along with a reboot. I tried deleting the programs then reinstall but no success. So I put a fresh copy of W7 on, tried AVG again and this time successful. Still a bit hesitent on Nero still.

Hi, I just installed the new build of Win 7 (Build 7022) and here Roxio Creator 2009 works flawlessly. Magix Movie Edit 14 installed with not glitches but did not run well, did not recognize my cd/dvd burners so I uninstalled it. Will try other programs.

Steam seems to be working just fine. I'm running the 64-bit version of 7 and the only issue I run into is the OpenGL problem where once you open up a game (i.e. CS 1.6), there are flickering lines. This is not so much an application issue but a driver issue (mine is an ATI Radeon HD3870). The work-around is to change it to OpenGL and "Windowed Mode." This will allow you to run any game in OpenGL without having a seisure :).

Mike
Thanks very much. This will help me.

Re: program incompatibility

Before you give up on a program not working with windows 7. Try right clicking on the installation program and check the compatibility option, when prompted try the vista with additional permissions first, if that doesn't work, try the xp with additional permissions next. If the program installs and runs fine, that's the end of it. But if the program installs and doesn't run, then try the same thing on the program exe. itself. I was able to install and run many programs that way, including the Acronis software for starters.
Hope this helps.

qbnito :)

I just installed a trial version of AcronisTrue Image Home 2009 and it works just fine, installed without incident.

I always use AIM 5.2 along with Dead AIM 3.2 and it seems that AIM will only start once correctly. If I close it I can not get it to start again.

Can you explain better HaTaX?

I have the same lightScribe problem (it will not work... will not install with the Nero 7 Essentials LightScribe Edition installation disc.). I have emailed HP (HP dvd1040i DVD Writer) and also Nero. Nero , as expected, did not answer; and, as expected, HP suggested solution did not work. HP's solution/suggestion was to copy the installation CD to the hard drive and install from there. That suggestion did get Nero to install, but the installation acts as though it were not a lightScribe Edition.

I really do not understand your workaround as outlined here. Can you post some more detail?

Thanks,
John

Backup Software:
Acronis True Image 2009 (WILL NOT INSTALL)

Remote Access:
RealVN <- You missed a C ???

Both running on my PC, Acronis will install with setup exe in Vista compatibility mode and run in native mode.
I will not try any boot operations with acronis trueimage!!
But Acronis Disk Director is running fine with win7 7000.

RealVNC will also install the same way.

greetings,
acid

HaTaX, Please explain your LightScribe fix in some more detail. I don't quite understand what you did to fix it. I am able to get Nero 7 Essentials installed and working, but lightScribe feature doesn't work. This is the software supplied with an HP dvd 1040i DVD Writer.

Acronis True Image Home 2009 (64-bit)

Acronis True Image Home 2009 has worked in the 32-bit version of Windows 7, but not in the 64-bit version until now.
With Build 7048 I was able to install Acronis True Image Home 2009 without any problems. Fully tested as well.

I am having trouble with FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0. I can get it to install properly and it will open a FM database locally but I cannot connect to a remote server to open a database. All of the other functions of this appear to work correctly, though.
As a follow-up, FileMaker appears to be working better with the RC. Also, my Symantec Endpoint Protection loaded and is working flawlessly.

PC Suite Sony Ericsson Mobile

Hi all :razz:
just joined the Forum.
Installed w7 on both my laptop and desktop and after a bit of a struggle have almost everything working now after finding out that Power Iso workt to mount etc. ;)
But i still havent found out how to sync my mobile Sony Ericsson G900 with outlook in w7 :confused:
Could def use some tips on a software that works with symbian mobile ?
My phone explorer works only with windows mobile phones.

thanks ! great forum btw

Hi, I just joined the forum too:razz:
I found installing the PC suite stalled and I had warning messages about known incompatibility problems, so I emailed Sony Ericsson and they confirmed the PC suite is not fully compatible with Win 7 (64bit). They said no more than that so it's not clear what they intend to do about this.

Back