Cam493

I've been having this problem for 2 weeks. I am on Build 7057, and I'm using a Linksys WMP100 RangePlus Wireless card, which works great. It can detect my router with ease. The thing is, things such as FireFox, IE, and Windows Update are either incredibly slow, or they don't work at all. The IM app Pidgin works fine, though. Every other computer in the house works fine, though. The thing is, I can't rule my PC out, because my Wii and iPod connect very slowly to the internet.

My connection was fine with build 7000, and even sporadically worked a few times with 7057. Drivers aren't a problem, since my Wireless Card + Windows + Router Firmware are up-to-date.

Solution
It seems like you are facing connectivity issues with your Linksys WMP100 RangePlus Wireless card on Windows 7 Build 7057. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and resolve this problem: 1. Check Network Settings: - Make sure the network settings on your PC are configured correctly. Check if the IP address, DNS settings, and gateway settings are correct. - You can try setting a static IP address to see if it improves the connection stability. 2. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
 netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer after running these commands. 3. Disable IPv6: - Sometimes IPv6 can cause connectivity issues...
It seems like you are facing connectivity issues with your Linksys WMP100 RangePlus Wireless card on Windows 7 Build 7057. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and resolve this problem: 1. Check Network Settings: - Make sure the network settings on your PC are configured correctly. Check if the IP address, DNS settings, and gateway settings are correct. - You can try setting a static IP address to see if it improves the connection stability. 2. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
 netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer after running these commands. 3. Disable IPv6: - Sometimes IPv6 can cause connectivity issues. Try disabling IPv6 in your network adapter settings. 4. Check Firewall and Antivirus: - Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software to see if they are causing the slow connection. 5. Update Network Drivers: - Even though you mentioned your drivers are up-to-date, it's worth confirming if there are newer drivers available from the manufacturer's website. 6. Check for Interference: - Check if there are any new electronic devices in the proximity that might be causing interference with your wireless signal. 7. Power Cycle Devices: - Turn off your router, modem, and PC. Wait for a few minutes, then turn them back on in the following order: modem, router, PC. 8. Run Network Troubleshooter: - Use Windows Network Troubleshooter to diagnose and fix common network connectivity issues. If these steps do not resolve the problem, it might be worth considering a rollback to a previous stable build or seeking further assistance from the Windows support forums or Linksys support.

Solution
Back