Windows 7 Internet Browsers Crash (Shockwave Player Unresponsive)

ShaySticka

Updated from Windows Vista a few days ago and now basically any internet browser I use crashes. I get a message that Shockwave Player or Adobe Flash or Unknown Plug-in is unresponsive. I reboot and am able to use the internet for about five minutes and then i get that error message again. I also tried to uninstall my sound card driver than reinstall it and that works for a few hours then I get the error message again. I have tried restore points and still no luck. This happens with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
I am running:
64-bit Windows 7 home Premium
4 gig
HP dv6

PLEASE HELP!

If you are trying to run Flash, it does not seem to work in the x64 mode. Try running the 32 bit browser, or even running IE with no add-ons.

yeah i upgraded to from vista to windows 7 home 64bit and got the same problem. got the update for free from hp which i assume you did too. and nothing i've done so far has fixed it. i have been emailing hp support but they have been sending me in circles. they had me reinstall adobe flash and reupdate to windows 7 again then the last message they wanted to me to give a call to my internet provider, this is where i figured they were sending me in circles because everything was working fine before i updated. although when they had me reupdate to windows 7 it got a little better, i can watch like 6-10+ videos before i get the shockwave crash and thats on mozilla chrome and ie.

if you find a solution please let me know! its very frustrating!

Back