Windows 7 Internet connections available but no Internet access - PLS HELP!

bobs

I have just bought a dell computer (Intel® CoreT i5 Processor 650) with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit loaded on it.
I am having serious problems getting onto the wireless internet though.
The wireless card in the desktop is a dell wireless 1525 WLAN card
The router is a Netgear Pro Safe WGL102.
I previosly had a Sony Vaio laptop with Vista on which connected to the router with no problems. On clicking on Internet Explorer it was required to enter a username and password at a Netgear portal before actually getting onto the internet. This was due to the wireless network being open to all residents in our apartment block (6 apartments). Each resident has individual login details for when the Netgear portal is displayed.
I am currently seeing that the wireless network is showing up as 'connected' yet it says 'No Internet Access' and there is a small yellow shield with a '!' in it displayed next to the signal strength. It also states that it is an unsecured connection.
Unfortunately, i no longer have the laptop and so i cannot compare the settings.
This is a huge problem as i run an internet based company and so will be losing customers every day that i cannot access the internet.
I have spend two days searching the internet on my mobile trying to find help but have found nothing to fix the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

firewall blocking public network

It may be you have your settings as a public network and your firewall is blocking you. Try turning off your firewall and reconnect again. If you click the connection icon near your clock and open your network and sharing center from the link there, it will probably say Public network with unidentified. If so after you turn the firewall off and reconnect, you should get a pop up asking is this a home or public network. Click home network and then turn your firewall back on.

If you have control of the router, then I would suggest making sure that the router has the latest firmware installed. Check the router manufacturer's website, check for your model and rev.# and see if any updates are available. Likewise your network adapter make sure the drivers are the most current available from the device manufacturer or at least the computer manufacturer.
Try disabling by unchecking IPv6 in the properties of your network card.
Open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /all
look at the ip addressing scheme related to your adapter that you are using it's possible that it is missing critical information like a default gateway or is receiving an APIPA address, rather than proper IP addressing information. You can attempt to do an
ipconfig /release and then and ipconfig /renew from the command prompt to obtain a new lease or you can attempt to assign static values to the ip address information to overcome this problem.

I tried all the solutions given in several threads but nothing seems to work for me
sad.gif

The small icon with a yellow triangle has become my friend in the last week and it seems that wants to stay.....
sarcastic.gif

Ok,here below there is my configuration,hope that can help...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name.............:
Primary Dns Suffix....:
Node Type.............:Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled....:No
WINS Proxy Enabled....:No
DNS Suffix Search List:chello.ie

Ethernet adapter local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix :chello.ie
Description...........:NVIDIA nFORCE Networking Controller
Physical Address......:00-1f-c6-39-66-4f
DHCP Enabled..........:Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled :Yes
IPv4 Address..........:89.101.108.1(Preferred)
Subnet Mask...........:255.255.254.0
Lease Obtained........:03 November 2010 23:24:26
Lease Expires.........:12 November 2010 16:42:53
Defualt Gateway.......:0.0.0.0
DHCP Server...........:89.101.160.4
DNS Servers...........:89.101.160.5

NetBIOS over Tcpip....:Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.chello.ie:

Media state...........:Media disconnected
Connection-specific Dns Suffix :chello.ie
Description...........:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address......:00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled..........:No

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Connection-specific Dns Suffix :chello.ie
Description...........:Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address......:00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled..........:No
Ipv6 Address..........:2002:5965:6c01::5965:6c01(Preferred)
Default Gateway.......:
DNS Servers...........:89.101.160.4
NetBIOS over Tcpip....Disabled

Regards Ya'ar :ar!

Back
Top Bottom