Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Predator Acer

Diogo Ferreira

Hello.
I bought a new Acer Predator G3-710 and every time I turn it on appears this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
How can I fix this?

Attachments

• Error.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 415
Hi,
the error you describe is called a blue screen and the 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' bit may mean its down to a driver.
To chase down the actual culprit we need to read the error log created when the machine blue screened. These are called dump files and can be found in a folder marked 'minidump' in the main Windows folder.
If you read the following thread you'll find it useful in collecting the data (we also have an app). Please post any dump files you may have after using the app found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41792, fffff6804e16a000, 400000, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( ONE_BIT )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different bugchecks which point to memory as the prime cause. Even brand new memory can be faulty although it's also quite possible that some driver or app is at the bottom of this too.

I checked your driver stack and the only driver which out of place was this one:

MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 04:40:32 2009: Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver). Please remove and install the Realtek audio drivers from your system support page:
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

As your laptop is brand new you may want to at least phone Acer regarding the issue as your warranty should be very much active

Back