Is there a good windows cleaning utility?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Software' started by nesoor, Jul 7, 2015.

1. pnamajck

pnamajck Well-Known Member

similarly, i support nmsuk 'n ussnorway on their proposals. well over a decade ago, couple of my friends had asked how i maintained such a healthy computer. they soon purchased themselves brand-new dell laptop computers(win-xp) and asked me to "prep" them by installing av and other security utilities. veritably, their new computers all came with norton … to which i utilized norton's uninstall program to completely eradicate all traces of norton from their new machines … i definitely breathed easier after reboot and confirmation. i also reminded them to update the reference files often … which they still forgot to do. :(

edit:
    so as not to hijack this thread … i had tried registry-cleaner one time and, since then, have never allowed one near my computer.

#21 pnamajck, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. wolfgang112

Windows doesn't need anything to perform the cleanup process if you're using it as MS suggested. But if you use so many third party software then you are actually collecting garbage inside your system drive. Various software program which you download from untrusted sources might be causing the changes inside your registry. So it is neccessary to play safe with the third party software.

carsten ibsen likes this.
  3. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Well-Known Member

I have System Mechanic from Iolo,or have had,since my factory reset i use Ccleaner and Defragler,witch is the only two programs i would recommend,cleaning utillities is dangerous,and what ever you do do not clean your registry.

4. RichM

RichM Active Member

I would sooner run my car over my computer rather than using System Mechanic, at least that way you can see the damage immediately.
    With System Mechanic it could take quite a while until it ruins your system. Third party "cleaners" not only don't clean anything, they usually create irreversible damage.

5. nhamdoc

nhamdoc New Member

CCleaner I suggest a good one.

6. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Well-Known Member

Hello And defragler from piriform

7. Lynxis

Lynxis New Member

CCleaner is a great tool, I don't know why you don't like it. It's pretty sad that all Microsoft can come up with is Disk Cleanup, but still. CCleaner is a good option, you should use it. It can clean registry as well.

8. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Agreed Ccleaner is a handy tool, quick and easy to use. As has already been said though Windows does not need a registry cleaner.

Windows Disk Clean can also be configured to clean more thoroughly by accessing the Disk Clean settings.
    This little guide explains what you need to do:
    Windows 10 Advanced Disk Cleanup - TweakHound