Windows 7 iTunes no longer sees me as Administrator

HelloNNNewman

I just upgraded my iTunes to the newest version and had no problems. Today I start iTunes and get the following error: "The iTunes application could not be opened. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."

If I go to 'Programs Files (x86)\iTunes' and 'right click' on the 'itunes.exe' file and choose "Run as Administrator", the program opens and runs perfectly. I am logged in under my main (only) name which is an administrator account.

I've tried a clean installation of the program after uninstalling iTunes and deleting any remaining folders, but no luck.

Is there a way of fixing this issue so iTunes sees me as an Administrator??

Running 64-bit processor
iTunes 64-bit version (8.2.0.23)

Thanks!

Update:
I checked the Permissions under the Security settings and made sure everything was set for Admin. Now I start up iTunes and the UAC comes up asking me if I want to iTunes to make changes to my computer. <sigh> Wish I knew what was going on... hopefully someone out there can help out!

ITunes 64 will not sync

I have similar issue. I was not showing up as Admin to iTunes. I repermissioned myself as admin, and it comes up. But iTunes will either crawl or no syn anything to my iPod. The top of the screen says syncing, but the side does not show the spinning wheel to show that its syncing. Strange.

Itunes not syncing..

So I set iTunes to run in XP compatability mode.. no change. But I did find this in event viewer.. maybe someone has a clue on that it means. I am going to reinstall itunes and force it to the 64 bit program files side and see what happens.

Event Viewer error: The description for Event ID 0 from source iPod Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Back