Windows 10 Ver. 10130, Apps from all apps list only open if I click "Open as Administrator?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I'm going to take these issues on one at a time as I come to them.

The first is that I found that none of my programs open from the all apps list unless I right click on them and select "Open as Administrator"?

I only have one account on my computer, it's my Microsoft account and it's set as administrator.
I can't seem to find a way to get to the details of the account i.e. permissions etc. but I'm sure it's set as full access.

On the same theme almost none of the right click menu items from the start button open from those links, this was true in version 10074 as well.

All of the applications will open when accessed from other links.

Mike

This is not the default behavior on a clean install, Mike, so something must be wrong with your install.

Hi

Well I updated this time from my existing install.
I had the same problem there, so I looks like I brought it along.

For some reason it doesn't think I should be able to open the stuff unless I'm doing it as admin.

If I don't run into anything serious I'll live with it until the next version.
It's not like I can't open the programs with the links I create, it's just the Windows ones that don't work.

I don't want to install all my stuff again right now, I'll wait until the next slow ring install and do a clean one again then.

On a positive note Cortana is working better, I didn't have to set it up to play my music again and she says my name now, and my sound hasn't stopped working in a long time.

Mike

Back