Windows XP KB2604110 will not go away - it is installed

laopa

Hi,

I keep being offered this Security Update Microsoft .NET Frame 3.0 SP2 Update and it is already installed. I have uninstalled it a number if times and them\n reinstalled it but this Update message will not go away. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

System: 2.85 Gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, twin 500GB Raid Mirrored HDDs, 4GB RAM, External 1.5TB HDD, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600) (32 bit) with HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L [CD-ROM drive] and NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1GB DDR3 [Display adapter], LG Flatron E2441IV [Monitor] (24.0")

Brats (1930)

Stan Sr.: Remember the old adage: You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

I'm not with XP anymore, but there should be an option in Control Panel and Updates... somewhere, where you can tick "Do not remind of this update".

It's not a dangerous failure, but it sure is annoying. Hope you find the "tick". :)

Very nice when people report how they fixed the problem. When someone with the same problem searches the Net, or perhaps looks here, the availability to an answer may prove almost lifesaving. Cheerio, laopa, and glad you got it running! :)

Back
Top Bottom