Windows XP laptop battery icon

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
My daughter was given this laptop from my parents. HP ZE4325us. The battery level icon in the notification area has disappeared. Where can I find it and how can I put it back?

Are you running XP? How do I clear past items from the Customize Notifications dialog box in Windows XP? Icons come up on logon, but not after reboot. Something to do with blocked processes with this model using XP since 2006. (Also a corrupt user profile has been known to cause the problem) System Restore will not be a permanent fix. You might want to check those out, maybe it'll help.

Yes, it's running XP home. I found that if I go into power settings and tick off and apply and tick back on and apply that they show up, that is until the laptop is turned off or restarted then they disappear again. I'll check out the tip and post back with what I find out. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, the only time the battery level icon is shown on my Dell Laptop is when it's not connected to the electric power socket. Are you sure its not connected to the grid when the icon is missing??????????

For what it's worth, the only time the battery level icon is shown on my Dell Laptop is when it's not connected to the electric power socket. Are you sure its not connected to the grid when the icon is missing??????????

LOL, yes I quit sure. Power supply, AC adapter, is in living room and I have laptop in bedroom for it's checkup before I pass it along to my daughter. The funny thing is, it was there and then after a reboot it just disappeared. Along with the sound icon as well. I have managed to get the sound icon back and to stay just by using the power options set and reset, hit OK and apply a dozen or so times. Battery icon has me baffled. On top of all this my dad has since lost the recovery cd/dvds and I just ordered them from HP, there's another $20.00 and now I have to order more RAM, another $40.00. Damn if kids arent expensive...lol. Not a bad investment for a free laptop.

Hi Bassfisher,

did you check the advanced power settings in the control panel (I bet you have)..?

That HP Model has been the subject of debate on HP Forums. It has a problem with Microsoft on booting. I think you should probably boot slow. Fast tends to bottleneck and choke out your system tray icons.

That's a new one for me, slow boot vs fast boot. How does one slow boot? Any info please.

Back
Top Bottom