Windows 7 Lid closed options not there

Yoyomah20

Honorable Member
Hi, recently I've noticed that when I close my laptop that it won't go to sleep so when I went to change the "when lid closed" options in my power settings they wern't there. I also checked in the power button settings to the side. Any ideas as to why?
lidclosed.png

Hi, did you recently install any Windows updates? Will the laptop go to sleep if go to Start -> Sleep? How long have you been experiencing the issue?

Hi, did you recently install any Windows updates? Will the laptop go to sleep if go to Start -> Sleep? How long have you been experiencing the issue?
come to think of it, about 2 days ago hats when it started happening, that's also when I installed a few windows updates. Should I uninstall these through the update center? And yes the laptop will sleep via start > sleep or FN > F1 (sleep button)

I can't guarantee that will solve the problem, but I think it's definitely worth a try! Let us know if it helps!

I didn't work, any other suggestions? For some reason all restore points past a day ago disappeared so system restore is not an option

I didn't work, any other suggestions? For some reason all restore points past a day ago disappeared so system restore is not an option

I did some searching and a lot pointed to drivers.
But I did find a help on the Lenovo site that might work for you.
I tried to copy the url, but it does not lead to the page with the answer so I copied the text.
The following is from the Lenovo site:
***Begin Lenovo Paste***
You: Your default Power Manager settings are missing
Lenovo: So far, you've told me that:

• You want help with battery and power
  • You want help with Power Manager
  • Your default Power Manager settings are missing

Lenovo: You may restore the preconfigured Power Manager settings via the step provided below.

1. Click Start
  2. Click Run
  3. Type "cmd"
  4. Type "powercfg -l"
  5. Then type "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes"
  6. Then type "powercfg -l"

Once you are done with the steps above, open your Power Manager and you would be able to see the default Power Manager schemes.
***End Lenovo Paste**

I don't have a lenovo to try this with.
If this does not work I would see if I could do a system restore from before the last Windows update.
Philip
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA

Thanks for your research, and normally I think that would have worked. I think I have identified the problem, though, and I think it should be an easy fix as long as I can find the driver. The computer is actually not recognizing that I am closing the lid. Here is a screenshot of my device manager.
devicemanager.png

Back