Windows 7 "limited access" to wrieless internet ( ! over cennection icon)

mandamae06

Im using windows 7 and I have wireless internet. I was using the internet when I got kicked off and my Internet Explorer "cannot display the webpage" appeared. My connections say I have an "Unidentified Network" and "No Internet Acess" and there is a "!" over my connection icon. But I AM connected to the internet and my signal strenth is "excellent".

Reboting my computer and modem did not fix the problem. I "diagnosed the connection problem" and it found that "the default gateway is not available".

I am surfing the internet on another laptop that is currently connect, with no probelms, to the same wireless network.

Please help. I do not know computers very well so please be discriptive as possible.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes!

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Click the start orb and type
device manager
into the search box and hit enter
Expand network adapters
highlight (select) the problem wireless adapter and then
right click and choose properties
then select the driver tab at the top of the properties dialog box and
click the Roll Back Driver button
answer any prompts in the affirmative and reboot
you may need to do this more that once to get back to a working driver
Keep us posted
Regards
Randy

I have 3 "Network Adapters" to choose from
-Atheros WiFi Adapter
-Microsoft Virtual WiFi Adapter
-Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (This it the only one that allows be to click on the "Roll Back Driver" button under the "Driver tab.)
The other 2 have grey shaded boxes that I am unable to click

Should I "Roll Back" the Realtek one then?

Re: "limited access" to wireless internet ( ! over connection icon)

I went ahead and "Rolled back" the Realtek Driver and reboted the computer and it didn't work.
I still have "Limited Access" to the internet.

Re: "limited access" to wireless internet ( ! over connection icon)

highlight (select) the problem wireless adapter and then

Should I "Roll Back" the Realtek one then?
No!

I went ahead and "Rolled back" the Realtek Driver and reboted the computer and it didn't work.
I still have "Limited Access" to the internet.
Not surprised,, since the Realtek adapter is a wired Ethernet adapter and wouldn't have anything to do with driver issues for the wireless card.
So now attempt to determine which Realtek wired card you actually have and go here and locate the latest driver to return that device to a current state.
Then attempt to determine which Atheros Wireless Adapter you actually have and go here and locate the latest driver and see if a driver update will help.
Additionally if you would like to attach some information regarding your computer perhaps we could help further;
At your discretion do this;
click the start orb and type
msinfo32
and hit enter
From the system information utility click
file->save
save it to your desktop, give it a name MySysInfo.nfo would be fine.
right click it on your desktop and choose send to->compressed (zipped) folder that should create a second zipped version of the same file on your desktop. Attach it to your next post by
clicking reply
then go advanced
then use the paperclip icon on the menu/toolbar to browse to, upload and attach (done) the file.

Back