Windows 7 mapped drive not connecting @ start up (connect at start up selected)

bark01

Hi,

I have a mapped drive on my computer that links to a folder on one of my internal hard drives. It used to work fine and connect whenever i boot up. But now it only connects when i click on it, I have tried re creating a few times and always select connect at log on, but the issue remains.

Is there something that might have caused this?

bark01:
I don't have an answer, although I'm looking forward to hearing one if you get this resolved. However; I do have a question, I'm just curious, if the folder is local, on a drive that is internal on your system, why would you map a network drive to that location, instead of just popping a shortcut on your desktop. Not being critical just interested in why you're doing it that way, perhaps to support someother app that requires it or something, just interested

Its mapped to my itunes music folder and the same folder is backed up to an external drive that I also use for itunes on my laptop for parties and travelling

As the backup is external it needs a drive letter reference. Having the same drive letter reference for the external drive on my laptop as the internal share on my desktop means i can just copy the itunes database file from my desktop to my laptop and have exactly the same set up my laptop as my desktop.

Hope that makes sense?

I also checked whats disabled on start up and its only 2 adobe things and quicktime.

bark01:
Good answer, I new that you had a specific reason, just wanted to understand
Try this, open notepad and type these two lines
subst x: /D
subst x: C:\downloads
save the file as something like map.bat the name is not important, but the .bat file extension is
x: is the drive letter you want to use
C:\downloads is the path to your share that you are mapping to
If the share is nested deep and includes spaces in the path you will need to use "Quote Marks Around the Path Statement"
If this works for you, then put the map.bat file in your startup folder
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom