Windows 10 Microsoft Office 2019 not recognized by Win 10

winer

In October 2019 I purchased Microsoft Office 2019 from a third party vendor, not Microsoft. Office worked fine until the October 2020 Windows 10 update. Now Win 10 no longer recognizes my copy of Office. Unfortunately the authentication key for Office 2019 is missing, and my request for assistance from the vendor was never answered. Is my only option to re-purchase Office and re-install?

If you can't locate the license and you can't get any help from the seller then yes you'd likely need to re-purchase.
Who was it purchased through?

I bought the software from SoftwareProWorld which, it turns out, is a company in the UK. Which I didn't realize at the time. My own fault for misplacing the authentication key. Microsoft must have some record of the purchase and installation because the software ran fine until I installed the Win 10 upgrade last October/November. It was only after that that I started to get the messages from Microsoft saying that there was no record of Office 2019 being associated with my Microsoft account.

You very likely bought a volume license which requires a kms server to continue working after six months. If the license cost was low it was likely not a retail license

Bugger. Yes, the cost was $49 Canadian. I guess you get what you pay for. I have been using OpenOffice as a fallback, which seems to do everything I need. Thanks for your help.

Back