Windows 7 motioneye for sony. can't get my built in webcam to wokr

sillybam

Okay so I have Sony Vaio VGN-CR11Z. When I got it I had Vista home Premium but my brother currently installed Windows 7 on it, after this my MotionEye built in webcam do not work. I search around for a very long time for a download or something to fix this problem but i've found nothing. And when I go to Sonys official site and search for my model, it says that my model does not exist. I've also tried downloading YouCam and other similar things but nothing.
Someone please help me!

Hi sillybam, you wouldn't happen to have the recovery or driver DVDs they should have given you when you bought the laptop by any chance?

Hi sillybam, you wouldn't happen to have the recovery or driver DVDs they should have given you when you bought the laptop by any chance?

No I don't. I got the laptop from my dads girlfriend, it was used when I got it. The only thiing I've got with it was the charger .

Uhm, any chance you could get in touch with your dad's girlfriend? Do you know where she bought the laptop? If she bought it abroad it might be possible that she bought a model not available in your country, that's why you can't find it on the regional Sony website.

I found the following site, which seems to have something close. Mainly only drivers for Vista, but they might be useable if one is available.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I also see some type of Updater for Windows 7. Not sure exactly what it is supposed to be for.

Uhm, any chance you could get in touch with your dad's girlfriend? Do you know where she bought the laptop? If she bought it abroad it might be possible that she bought a model not available in your country, that's why you can't find it on the regional Sony website.

No.They are no longer together. And I'm not sure where she bought but I've seen other people here with the same model as me but maybe it's because it's old?

I found the following site, which seems to have something close. Mainly only drivers for Vista, but they might be useable if one is available.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I also see some type of Updater for Windows 7. Not sure exactly what it is supposed to be for.

I've tried to download the one for Vista but that doesn't work. I also downloaded the updater but it did nothing. Thank though :)

Back