MS email re: Aug 1st

Discussion in 'Microsoft Products and Community' started by Peterr, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Peterr

Peterr Honorable Member

Hello
    I received an email from MS saying by Aug 1st they wanted privacy and ads etc. done by MS users. I did not see a place to "accept".
    I do not want to lose my email address especially and other MS feature so what am I supposed to do to maintain them.
    I really did not understand the email and hope someone else did.
    Thanks

2. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Hello @Peterr

Did the e-mail look like this?

ms-email.

If so, it just means they updated their service agreement and privacy statement.

3. Peterr

Peterr Honorable Member

So I don't have to do anything to keep my email account etc. with them? No action needed?

4. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

No. They would not want to lose millions upon millions of customers just because they changed their service agreement. Most, likely, this is just a notification, because they may be legally bound to do so. Essentially, this means, if you do not agree with their changes, you can stop using their services before the change takes place. From time to time, you will see these e-mails from places like Google, or Facebook, explaining that their policies have been "updated", "changed", or "simplified". This usually means that some condition of the service agreement has been altered for some legal reason. The e-mail was likely sent to every single user on their service.