Windows 8 MSN for Windows 8

Still Active

Extraordinary Member
I have two HP computers, a desktop and a laptop. I manually installed Win 8 Pro 64 bit on both machines. This problem concerns IE10 in the desktop (not modern UI) on my laptop computer.

On the desktop computer, when I go to msn.com, I see the new Windows 8 version of MSN. When I do the same on the laptop I see the old version of MSN.

On the laptop, I tried clearing history, and it worked but only for about five minutes. After that, MSN.com displayed the old MSN again. On the MSN home page, there is a drop down labeled "page options". One of the options should be "Always see MSN for Windows 8". But that option in not present on my laptop (and there is a blank line in the dropdown).

If I use the modern UI version of IE, then I see MSN for Windows 8 (on both computers).

I'd appreciate any help.

Have you tried pressing ctrl+F5 when at the actual msn page? This will clear the cookies which I suspect is what happened when you cleared the History.

Have you tried pressing ctrl+F5 when at the actual msn page? This will clear the cookies which I suspect is what happened when you cleared the History.

Thank you.

I did clear cookies when I deleted history.

I have tried your suggestion above without any success. When I used ctrl+F5, the page went blank for a second and when it came back, it was still showing the old MSN. I refreshed, and then restarted IE10, but no change.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Sound to me like you need to turn off Compatibility View for msn.com
While in IE 10 on msn.com
Hit the alt key to bring up the menu bar
select tools
click compatibility view
or simply click the broken page icon (blue torn page) next to the refresh icon in the address (URL) bar.

I had the same problem onj a couple of clients laptops. I cleared the cookies and history - no change. I then blasted the laptops with good old Ccleaner - that did the trick.

Back