Windows 7 Multiple BSOD, Losing Mind, Please Help?

Gina

Hello, I've been having BSOD and can't really figure out what is going on. I have done a bunch of googling and just get more confused, lol. Losing mind. Need help. LOL. I have a Samsung Chronos Series 7 Model NP700Z7C-S01US. I tried to link to specs, but the forum wouldn't let me.

(As I was writing up this post and doing the tests, notice the ram amount and 2 sticks in the specs, this will matter later in the tests. Windows reports 8GB of Ram so that's correct. Apparently one stick is soldered to the motherboard, one is reachable by removable panel on the back of the laptop)

I have had very long boot times for awhile. I do not reboot or turn off the machine very often, so I'm not sure when or why that could have started. The BSOD just started happening. The only thing I can think of that could have caused it are, installing a WD MyCloud into the networking system, which works fine except when I reboot the computer sometimes I get a notification that the mapped networked drives could not connect and all the mapped drives have a big red x on them until I double-click them, then they are ok. I also tried to add my new Sony HT-CT370 sound bar to bluetooth devices on my laptop so I could listen to the music through the soundbar. Windows reported the driver did not install correctly, and I could not get it to work, so I removed the soundbar. I think the soundbar thing may have been what started it, but not sure. My computer gets a lot of beating though, I install and try out software, it is three years old and never been restored to factory. So anything probably could have messed it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some quick copy and paste from NirView:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: aswSnx.sys
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
*** aswSnx.sys - Address 0xfffff88001ea05fb base at 0xfffff88001e77000 DateStamp
0x55364a30
-----------------------------------------------
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: aswSP.sys
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
*** aswSP.sys - Address 0xfffff880039bb7a0 base at 0xfffff88003959000 DateStamp
0x55364d99
-----------------------------------------------
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: iaStor.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
*** iaStor.sys - Address 0xfffff8800124cceb base at 0xfffff8800121f000 DateStamp
0x4ed5a567
------------------------------------------------
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntoskrnl.exe
SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002679a40 base at 0xfffff80002607000 DateStamp
0x5507a73c
------------------------------------------------------
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002684a40 base at 0xfffff80002612000 DateStamp
0x5507a73c
---------------------------------------------------
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff800026c8a40 base at 0xfffff80002656000 DateStamp
0x5507a73c
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have attached the W7F Diagnostic.

I ran and attached screenshots for CPUID. (Weirdly, I have 8GB of ram and supposedly two RAM sticks. It only shows 4GB and one stick in the this program. Which led me to do a scan of my system at Crucial. It says I should have 8GB RAM and two 4GB sticks.
Does this mean one of my sticks is bad?

I could not attach the RAMMon html report because the extension is not allowed for the forum, but I attached the text report. Once again this did not report the other ram stick.

I ran a memory tester (once again forum croaked on the real program lol) quickly a week ago, and it passed, so I ruled out RAM problems. But I really didn't know what I was doing. Do you guys think this is the problem, or is there something else? Once again, one stick is soldered to motherboard and one is reachable by a panel on the back of the computer. Windows reports 8GB ram.

Thanks so much!

Gina

Attachments

• W7F_13-05-2015.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 322
  • cpuidGKA.zip
    461.8 KB · Views: 197
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 307
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {f6, 44, fffff980b7b48b30, fffff8000299a9f5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
Probably caused by : aswSnx.sys ( aswSnx+295fb )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
many of your dump files point to memory corruption although the above means the driver verifier caught a problem driver. The driver in question belongs to Avast AV and is known for causing the odd issue. Also I notice your running SuperantiSpyware too and it could be that both security apps are conflicting? In any case I would try removing both applications and instead run MSE and malwarebytes. Both these apps are free and work perfectly together:
MSE
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
Malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

I ran and attached screenshots for CPUID. (Weirdly, I have 8GB of ram and supposedly two RAM sticks. It only shows 4GB and one stick in the this program. Which led me to do a scan of my system at Crucial. It says I should have 8GB RAM and two 4GB sticks.
Does this mean one of my sticks is bad?

Unfortunately only testing will show either way.

If after making the above changes you still get the bsod then you need to test your RAM.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org//

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Hi Kemical, and thanks for replying and taking the time to look at my files, etc. :)

I didn't think I was actually "running" SuperAntiSpyware. I thought I just had it installed, but not running like Malwarebytes is being run in the background (I have a Pro license for Malwarebytes). I don't have SuperAntiSpyware Real Time Protection on. I can't even turn it on if I wanted to, as I don't have the Pro version. Where in my files does it say it is running?

I have a forum post to Avast to see if they can help. UGH, I just purchased a three pc license from them too. I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall that :p Will see what they say, then if not resolved, will uninstall and see if that helps.

I did run the Windows Memory Test, and less than an hour of Memtest. Will run Memtest overnight. I need my computer during the day, and I was afraid to let it rn overnight unattended. Will the computer be ok if run overnight?

Thanks so much again, for the guidance.

Hi Gina,
SuperantiSpyware was in your drivers so just check your add and remove programs section to see if it's currently installed. It could well be that with Superantispyware installed as well as Malwarebytes and Avast too you could well be looking at a compatibility issue.

Your computer should be fine running Memtest86 overnight. I'd first try and get the security applications sorted out. If the bsod stops then you won't need to run memtest86.
If you do have any further blue screens please post the dump files.

Thank you! I have uninstalled SuperAntiSpyware, and Avast has already asked me to run a diagnostic and send them the files which I am doing now. I will let you know how I get along tomorrow unless something comes up. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Kemical,

Updates (weekend was BUSY and Monday I got to work on the computer, lol):

Malwarebytes had given me a message once after boot that it could not load a particular driver, and it could be due to a rootkit. I did run some rootkit detection and removers, but nothing was found. It has not given me the message since then, and the next day I uninstalled Avast and installed MSE, After uninstalling Avast, the BSOD's stopped. So far, that is all that was necessary to stop them. Avast has not gotten back to me yet on the issue. I posted on their forum on Friday.

Now I am pruning startups and services to get my boot time shaved off. It is still 5+ minutes. Which is better than before, sometimes my computer would not boot for 15 minutes!!!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and tell you that so far, so good. I hope Avast can fix the issue though, I paid for three pc license not too long ago so that is going to be sticky if it's not resolved :p

I will be back if I have any more problems :) Thank you so much!

Hi Gina,
much thanks for updating your thread. Hope all goes well and of course if it doesn't then post back. :)

Back