Windows 10 My monitor flashes black

MasonK

My monitor keeps flashing black. Sometimes it will happen every couple of minutes but other times it will happen a bunch of times in a row, rendering my computer useless. I already tried windows solution of reinstalling the driver, but that didn't help at all. I'm not sure if it is hardware or software, but I have 1050ti that was bought used from a friend.

Hello MasonK, Head over in the Device Manager> under option of Display adapters> and see in it does any of the option has any sort of yellow or red sign.
Along with that Check if you have the latest Windows Update, download the optional updates as well if available and update your graphic card drivers too.

Just to know how old is your device? And Since when you are facing this issue?

Hello MasonK, Head over in the Device Manager> under option of Display adapters> and see in it does any of the option has any sort of yellow or red sign.
Along with that Check if you have the latest Windows Update, download the optional updates as well if available and update your graphic card drivers too.

Just to know how old is your device? And Since when you are facing this issue?
It doesn't show any red or yellow signs, and Windows says my computer is up to date. I'm not quite sure how old the device is, maybe 2-3 years. And I've pretty much had the problem since I got it, though sometimes it will go days without happening.

I would check the manufacturer site and install any available driver updates for the GPU first. If the issue persists look for any firmware updates and apply them.

I would check the manufacturer site and install any available driver updates for the GPU first. If the issue persists look for any firmware updates and apply them.
I have deleted and renistalled NVIDIA's 1050ti driver a couple of times, but I'm not sure where to look for firmware updates.

And perheps could you test it, together with the cable, on your friends computer, then you are sure whether it is hard- or software related....

Back