Windows 7 Need help creating Windows 7 install disk with usb3 drivers

Computer: Motherboard: Asus Prime B250 Plus
CPU: Intel i3 7100

I formatted a hard disk and am trying to install Windows 7 64 bit into the first partition.
When I try to install it freezes where it says: "loading windows"
From my research I think it is a problem with usb3 drivers. When I plug the mouse into the ps/2 I can get the mouse to work. The problem is I can't get the keyboard to work as well.
I have contacte Asus. They gave me an information page to link for preloading USB 3.0 drivers and installing Windows ® 7.
Here are the instructions: [Desktop PC/All-in-One]Windows 7 and USB 3.0 driver installation for Skylake(H110/H170/Z170/B150/Q150/Q170) and Braswell platform | Official Support | ASUS USA

I tried Method 1: Using SATA ODD & USB devices
When I selected the USB it just passed it and didn't load anything.

I tried Method 2: Using ASUS EZ Installer
I tried booting from the Asus support DVD and got Freedos, C: prompt. I don't no what to do with this.

Asus also gave me a link to download Rufus. Will this create a bootable USB with the usb3 drivers?
I already have an operating system installed and want to add Windows 7. Will Rufus allow me to use my partitioning table?
I think I partitioned with MBR will I need to repartition with UEFI?
I don't know anything about UEFI as this is new to me, and am not sure how to set the Asus bios to intall this.

Thanks for help

Yeah if you can use a ps/2 keyboard that would be the way to go or if you have some usb2 ports. Otherwise you will will need to do the following(on another computer)

• Download the usb 3 driver for your computer
  • Extract the Windows 7 ISO or if you have a bootable usb grab the boot.wim file
  • You will need to mount the WIM file with DISM and then inject the usb3 driver into it and dismount and save the wim file
  • Copy the boot.wim file back to the bootable usb and it should work

I downloaded the usb 3 driver from Aus. The zip file I downloaded has a number of files:
PRIME B250-PLUS Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS Canada
I have a windows 7 install DVD. I copied the dvd files to the computer. Do I need to put the driver files in with the Windows 7 files? If so which ones do I copy and where?

I think I installed it with MBR partitioning table. Can I use this?

Last edited:
Help anybody
IMG_3612.jpg

Im using a dell laptop can anybody tell me wot to do get this moved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure "File Download" is enabled for the security zone (most likely Internet Zone) in Internet Explorer

Also please start your own thread and not jump into someone elses. Helps us help you and stops any confusion.

I downloaded the usb 3 driver from Aus. The zip file I downloaded has a number of files:
I have a windows 7 install DVD. I copied the dvd files to the computer. Do I need to put the driver files in with the Windows 7 files? If so which ones do I copy and where?

Im not to sure wot iv done im worried if i try il mess it up i need the disk wot cums with dell A reset disk its not t letting me get past need password i woz sure removed it but now cant get in lol any idears

Yeah if you can use a ps/2 keyboard that would be the way to go or if you have some usb2 ports. Otherwise you will will need to do the following(on another computer)

• Download the usb 3 driver for your computer
  • Extract the Windows 7 ISO or if you have a bootable usb grab the boot.wim file
  • You will need to mount the WIM file with DISM and then inject the usb3 driver into it and dismount and save the wim file
  • Copy the boot.wim file back to the bootable usb and it should work

Im learning just so am not a clue at the min thats why fort best get 2hand to learn its very technical lol

I want to get 1 of them disks do you no any body that sells by chance ?

192.168.l.l is an IP address used by many routers and modems as the default gateway. 192.168.1.1 address can be used by the users to gain the router admin access and configure their routers and networks.

A router can take several IP addresses but the most common one is 192.168.l.l. Besides 192.168.l.l, 192.168.0.1 and 10.0.0.1 are also common.

192.168.l.l is an IP address used by many routers and modems as the default gateway. 192.168.1.1 address can be used by the users to gain the router admin access and configure their routers and networks.

A router can take several IP addresses but the most common one is 192.168.l.l. Besides 192.168.l.l, 192.168.0.1 and 10.0.0.1 are also common.

:pray::alien::apologetic::apathy::ambivalence::afro::blue::boxing::applouse::cheerful::abnormal::05.18-flustered::02.47-tranquillity::apple::serious::nerdie::right::angered::zoned::ergh::alien::pray: im so dumb when its anything technical i dont really understand wot you mean am sorry is there an easyer way explaining

Do you mean me if yes am sorry wozt intended

If its me that jumped in your thread it wozt on purposed iv just joined that woz my 1 time putting anything ,If not to much trouble so i dont do in future HOW did i ?i it would b big help thnkx

Please follow the steps By steps Guide Lines

Step 1 - Create Windows 7 bootable USB drive from Windows 7 ISO file...
Step 2 - Download and unpack Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver. ...
Step 3 - Run PowerISO DISM Tool. ..
Step 4 - Mount WIM file in the USB drive. ...
Step 5 - Patch drivers into the image. ...
Step 6 - Unmount WIM file....

Attachments

• instoll.png
    instoll.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 684
Back