Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Looks massive compared to mine. As my grandmother would say. Good things come in small packages. ;)

It is, that's the way I wanted it this time around.
When I eventually do the Ryzen upgrade, I'm gonna pull my water cooler out and finally put my other 2 fans on it for push/pull exhaust.
I may drain it then & refill it, too.
Now that EK Water Block's sell's the quick release valves for the hoses separately, I may get a few more and replace my botton 2 120mm. fans with a 2nd 240mm. radiator, for a future water-cooled video card upgrade.
When the water-cooled video card happens my whole pc will be 306* degrees instead of just my cpu.

I'm quite happy with my system as is. The H100i v2 is keeping the cpu at 27-31 idle and under 54c full load.

It's weird, but the first run of TimeSpy I did, I forgot to open Sapphire Trixx first and apply my overclock and TimeSpy, actually scored better.
The factory overclock for my card is video settings 1342 MHz. and ram settings 2000 MHz.
At the default factory overclock Time Spy scored 4612.

Sometime later today, I'll run it at the stock overclock settings for FireStrike & FireStrike Extreme.
I just noticed , too that there's now a TimeSpy Extreme benchmark.
I'm not upgrading past 2DMark Advanced just for it, though.

At default factory overclock FireStrike got 11364 and FireStrike Extreme got 6018.
Apparently TimeSpy does better at the default factory overclock, while FireStrike and FireStrike Extreme do better at my overclock.

I got with the latest driver 12230 for Firestrike and 6719 for Extreme. Timespy I'm getting 4785.

Yes I still have the 480. Have given up overclocking it though. Wasn't worth the extra heat and noise.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Are your factory video card setting's higher than my Sapphire's ?
Mine:
Video Speed: 1342 MHz.
Memory Speed: 2000 MHz.
Capture.PNG

You still have the XFX RX 480 ?
If so, the AM4 mobo & Ryzen cpu are making a difference.
I've only got 4 cores & 4 threads.
Your chip is probably faster on single core applications but anything using more than one core then the Ryzen will win out.

Yeah, most definitely. I'll experience Ryzen sometime in 2018.
Right now it will probably be February as fars as the cpu goes.
Probably April for the G-Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 ram.
Then I'll think about which X370 motherboard I'm actually gonna get.
The motherboard will probably be in June or July.
The AM4 bracket for my water-cooler will be in one of the cpu or ram purchase month's, as it's only between $8.oo-$12.oo, if I remember correctly. It has to be ordered from EK Water Block's directly, as I don't think Newegg or Amazon has it in the U.S.
That was the same with the fan add-on kit for push/pull, I had to get it direct from EK Water Blocks, while I found the EKWB XLC-Predator 240 1.1 in the U.S.

Busy day for me tomorrow. I got my WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition pre-loaded on Steam, but have to wait until 12:00P.M. or 12:30 P.M. to be able to play it. After that I get to do Fall Creators Update on both pc's.
I never got to work inside my pc over the weekend due to sleeping weird hour's.
I'll do that this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom