Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Got WWE 2K18 installed and setup.
Got Fall Creators Update on both pc's.
Only issue with iy, was I had to reinstall a few of my GOG, Origin and Uplay games so far.
I'll check my Steam games over the next few days.
I want to get used to what's new first in FCU.

I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, as the upgrade install messed up everything in Steam.
Nothing other than Steam worked. My Steam games, 3DMark, PCMark 8 and PCMark 10 didn't work at all. Steams fixes didn't solve it, so hopefully it will all work with this install.
I'm still on my GOG games now.
Then Origin, Ubisoft, GameSessions and then Steam.
I'll probably do my 2 Forza games before Steam, too.
Software will be sometime late Wednesday or Thursday.

I finished redownloading, installing and setting up my games sooner than planned.
All I have left to do is get my add-ons for Edge, Chrome and Opera.
Right now I'm going after my Zinio magazines.
I'll do the browsers later.

Thanks nmsuk. I'm not sure what I'm doing here on this one, so I'll upload what I find there.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• 54FFAA5CF9EE2BB1-00-00.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 644CB098FDAFE5EA-00-00.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 3261A10E3F6465D2-00-00.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 241
  • CBT.zip
    112 bytes · Views: 393
  • media_drivers.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 346
  • media_usb.zip
    940 bytes · Views: 345
***Macrium Reflect Issue Solved***
I ran dism cleanup image and dism restore health commands.
Then I ran chkdsk c: /f /r and restarted my pc so it could run and went to sleep for a few hours.
I just tried Macrium Reflect again to make a system image and it worked this time.
Capture.PNG

and Edge extensionsI've personally noticed 3 issues in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Issue 1: Disk Cleanup - Freezes up everytime it's run.
I know it's done, as I give it twice as long as it took in Creators Update, Anniversary Update and previous 10 versions.
Disk Cleanup windows on drive D: (2nd ssd) and drive E: (Data hdd don't close until I click on Disk Cleanup for the next drive and they never show any progress.
Issue 2: Wired Ethernet connection takes forever to have internet access at startup. Intel Ethernet drivers up to date and configured exactly as I set it in previous Windows 10 versions.
Issue 3. Microsoft killed Disk Image Backups in Fall Creators Update, so why is the Disk Image option still listed and appears to work until the very end and the says image failed.
Those are the 3 I've experienced with a clean install and I've heard their's more that other people have with FCU.
Oh, I forgot one I've personally noticed.
The Store lists downloaded themes and Edge extensions in the start menu until you run disk cleanup and restart your pc.

Just ran all those and have no issue with any of them. Even the system image created properly.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom