Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

That's what I figured, a Futuremark issue.
1st time I've experienced it, though.
I only run any of them after a clean install, video card driver update or new ssd/hdd.
Wednesday I get to see if what I'm planning for when I get the racing wheel will work.
I'm planning on mounting it and the shifter to my walker, with the walker turned around.
Toop crossbar will be for the wheel and the 3"'s lower bar will be for the shifter.
If the shifter will mount on it, the wheel should, too.
I'm gonna try mounting the shifter and then re-box it until I get the wheel.
Picture 124.jpg

Add Watchdogs to my list of games thanks to Ubisoft making it free yesterday.
Need For Speed Payback looks good so far.
Curious if they're gonna patch it, so racing wheels work in it.
I hope so.
Weird one I got a wmail from Federal Express stating my shifter is now gonna be here on Thursday, instead of tomorrow.
Weird part to that one is Package Tracker notified me 5 minutes afterwards that it's in Orlando.
That's only maybe 50 miles away, so it coming Thursday makes no sense to me, as I know it will be in Melbourne by 4 A.M.

Federal Express messed up when they sent me a email yesterday stating the shifter would arrive tomorrow instead of today.
It just arrived.
It feels like it's good quality and is just like a real shifter in a car.
Now, once I get the wheel next month, hopefully Need For Speed Payback will have wheel support by then.

New AMD Crimson ReLive 17.11.2 drivers released today.
2 drivers released today. Link: Download Drivers
I have installed or tried them just yet. I'll do so in about 30 minutes. I have to remve old ones, install new ones, restart my pc and then re-calibrate my monitor first.
Then I'll run them through 3DMark and see if I got any improvemed scores with them.

3DMark scores
11.11.2 divers
Time Spy 9592 - Decrease
Fire Strike Extreme 4592 - Decrease
Fire Strike 12095 - Decrease
17.11.1 drivers Scores
Time Spy 4617
Fire Strike Extreme 6354
Fire Strike 12372

Oh, I forgot to mention this before.
I fixed my Ethernet connection taking a minute to load, since the clean install of Fall Creators Update.
How, I exactly did it is beyond me. I'll explain.
After Tuesday's Patch Tuesday updates were installed my pc started acting weird, so I set it up to run chkdisk c: /f /r at next restart and restarted my pc.
After that it still ran weird, so I restored a system image I made Saturday with Macrium Reflect.
After it was done and my pc was restarted, I got my Windows & Microsoft Store updates and restarted my pc.
Afterwards my Ethernet loading up fast like it did previously.
Afterwards for some reason I had to uninstall & re-install Futuremark 3DMark, PCMark 10 and PCMark 8 in Steam.
pcmark 8 is a different story. It downloads, installs and then goes into a constant update download & install cycle, so I just got fed up with it and uninstalled it.3DMark & PCMark 10 went fine & work fine.
PCMark 8 I had to uninstall, as it downloads, installs and then goes into a constant update download & install loop and I got sick of it.
Everything else is fine now on my pc.

I also forgot to mention that the walker won't work for mounting the shifter, so I'm just gonna get creative with my desk once I have the racing wheel.
I'' jist slide my keyboard to where it's touching the base of my center speaker, pull my center drawer out of my desk and mount it there anytime I want to play my car games.

I installed Firefox Quantum when it was released the other day.
Now, the only extension I'm waiting for is a new version of Click&Clean that works in it.
It seems fast, but I haven't used it that much yet.
I'm kind of overboard on browser's now.
I.E., Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.
Chrome seems to have gotten slower over the last 2 weeks, so I've mainly been using Opera.
All of them really need the built-in VPN, like Opera has.

I'll eventually weed them out. I see what works best & what I like better over time.
For instance, if Chrome stays slow after the next update or two, it goes bye-bye.
Opera previously went because it was losing the sites I had set on it's 9forget technically what it's called) start page that I put there.
It was losing them in the past, so I stopped using it.
It had one or two updates the last week or two and hasn't lost them, so they obviously fixed it.
As far as Edge goes, I still can't really waste time in it.

I use Edge from time to time but mainly I use Chrome, always have done.

nmsuk: Funny, but most likely true.
I use Edge extremely rarely.
Hell, I even use IE 11 more than Edge.
I use everything else, more than IE or Edge.

I decide to re-run the Photos app and see if it's still buggy. It is, so I re-opened it and opened and recorded what it doesin Steps Recorder.
I then opened the Feedback app to physically report the issue to Microsoft with proof of what it does.
Problem: Microsoft's Feedback app can't do .zip files that Steps Recorder makes. It can only do screenshots.
Way to go Microsoft!!!
Anyone knowow I can get this .zip file to Microsoft?????
I attached it below for everyones amusement at the app being slow as molasses and losing my photos that are still in my user accounts Pictures folder.

Attachments

• PhotosAppSucks.zip
    1 MB · Views: 315
Where do I send it to? The Feedback app only does .jpg, etc. You can't attach the .zip file Steps Recorder makes.

Back