Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

May not get to finish the build. I just found out I have lung cancer yesterday. Plus my legs. feet and toes have been swelling up since mid-November to now. The lung cancer ruled out a blood clot as a cause for the swelling. That means my kidneys are failing from my diabetes.
I'll know that answer on the 26th.
The swelling has progressed to cause a foot ulcer. That's how I found out about the lung cancer.
P.S. CPU is installed in mobo now. I got the Core i5 6600K.

That's all after 7 surgeriies in the November-December tome frame for 20 kidney stones.
May be going the Corsair H-100i route. EKWB just recalled all the EK-XLC Predator 240's and 360's on Tuesday for the version 1.0's of them.

Yeah, I'm not using the fans the come with the H-100i though, plus I'm doing push/pull on it.
As far as video cards, it's looking like I'm going with 2 Sapphire R9 380X Nitro 4.0GBs.

May not get to finish the build. I just found out I have lung cancer yesterday. Plus my legs. feet and toes have been swelling up since mid-November to now. The lung cancer ruled out a blood clot as a cause for the swelling. That means my kidneys are failing from my diabetes.
I'll know that answer on the 26th.
The swelling has progressed to cause a foot ulcer. That's how I found out about the lung cancer.
Damn i just read this... I hope you get some good news bud. Your build sounds like it's coming along nicely too. Like Norway said don't forgt the photo's! :)

Well Tuesday afternoon I'll find out what shape I'm in, as far as my diabetic kidney disease goes. Then Thursday morning I go to my new doctor that'll be handling the lung cancer.
I do know from what the e.r. doctor told me that a biopsy will have to be done to determine which form of lung cancer it is.
Luckily Windows 10 has a few good apps on Cancer, so I know what I'm looking at.
I do know, as far as the biopsy goes, I'm not letting the doctore stick a needle through my ribcage into the lung's for it. There's no way I'll be able to lay still seeing it done.
I'm telling him to put me completely out and going through my mouth to lung's route for it. That route is basically like a endoscopy is. I'll just have a sore throat for a few hour's afterwards.
The question's are so far, from all the reading I did on it , is whether part or all of one of my lung's will have to be taken out. Then, whether I'll have to do radiation therapy, chemotherapy or both?
Hopefully, the last part, I won't be doing in April, so I won't be too tired all the time to build the pc.
It's also, a matter of whether my primary doctor can get my medicare prescription plan to cover the Chantix, I had him prescribe me, so I can quit smoking. If not, they're gonna cost me over $100.00 for the next 5 month's.
I can't use the patches anymore, as from my diabetic nerve damage, I can't tell, when I use them.
I have a feeling, even though my doctor will be stating to them, that they are medically necessary for cancer, that they won't care.
I was already through Medicare's shenanigan's back in 2009, over a continuous glucose monitor, that feed's messages to my insulin pump, in case it's getting too high or too low, so I can take care of it, instead off passing out from it, while I sleep.
They authorized me getting it. Then, the day I got it, they yanked the authorization for it.
They do their appeal process over the phone and they could care less, about what medical evidence you or your doctor's provide.

Last edited:
Yeah Biopsies are not nice, I had one on my liver once and that was bad enough although the worst part was having to sit still for 8hrs afterwards in case of bleeds... That was definitely the hard part.. :)
I hope all goes well and you get this thing beat asap!

Last edited:
I would go with the white mate,
large_0a5b971d3033c78b.png

More than likely, when they do the biopsy, I'll have to be in the hospital for it and for a day or two for my diabetes. I don't know yet, on if I'll be able to use my insulin pump while/after it's done. It depend's on if they have to remove portions of my lung/all my lung or use tubes for drainage, that are left in me for a few day's.
My insuling pump can't be used within a inch of any scar's.
I already have 4 scar's from my gullbladder and appendix removal on my right side.
Now, I'll have scar's on the left side to avoid, too.

Do let us know how it performs temp wise and nice job on the saved cash.

Will do. Now I have the psu toget in March, the case in April. Then the build happens. Then down the road the 2 Sapphire R9 380X Nitro video cards and then a new 24" ips monitor.
I'll probably take May off from part buying and get Rise of the Tomb Raider.
From what I've heard the Artic MX-4 runs cooler than Arctic Silver 5 does by a few degrees.
If I don't like the temp's the Arctic fans give me, then I'll get the 4 EK Furious Vardar F5-120's in May, too.
The place that sell's EKWB stuff is 1 town away from me.

Last thing for my build is a case but really when you build your own system is a build ever really over? I'm forever tweaking this and modifying that so really I guess it's fair to say a build is never truly finished..

Then after the video card's and monitor, I may upgrade my webcam to one of the new intel one's, so I can use the facial recognition for logging in.
May get the Logitech 5.1 speaker's I originally wanted, but didn't feel like waiting for. Then my current Logitech 5.1 set, I'll hook up to my tv or give them to my brother.

Damn, Amazon did it again. My order @ first was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Then I checked yesterday and it said Monday.
I just received everything on Super Bowl Sunday.
Now all that's left are the psu and the case.
Already put Arctic's Intel backplate on my mobo.

Back
Top Bottom