Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I guess. Actually 36 year's overdue - medical wise.
Changed my mind on the video card's. Sticking with the 2 Sapphire R9 380X's. They're memory is 256 bit. The Geforce GTX 960's are 128 bit.

I'm hoping my Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500GB can get similar speeds to my Samsung 840 Pro 256GB.
Here's a screenshot of the 840 Pro w/Samsung's Rapid Mode enabled in Windows10.
I already know that Rapid Mode work's on the 850 EVO I got, ever since Samsung updated Samsung Magician a few month's back.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.4 KB · Views: 357
I'm not going to get the Corsair HX-1000i psu. I'm going to get a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 instead. It's not 80 Plus Platinum, like the Corsair is. It's 80 Plus Gold and $33.00 cheaper. EVGA 120-G2-1000-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 1000 W 10 yr Warranty Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI Ready and Crossfire Support continuous Power Supply - Newegg.com It also has a 10 year warranty.
Have to cut a few corner's, if I can.
My year deal on my cable/internet service expires next month and I'm not sure how much it's going up, yet.
If they raise it too much, I may cancel it and then resign up a day or two later.

No photos. It's all basically in 2 boxes under my bed. Except for the thing's I'm taking out of this pc. 2 video cards are coming out, until I get the new one's. DVD-RW, Blu-RE, Seagate Barracuda 3.0TB. hdd, Intel 530 480GB ssd and memory card reader are all going in new pc from this one permanently.The case has 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0 and a single memory card slot.
Mobo only has 2 usb 2.0 plugins, so 2 of the case USB 2.0 and it's memory card aren't being hooked up. I'm gonna use the mobo's 2nd USB port for my card reader.
Actually I am gonna stick with the 380X it's memory is 256 bit. The 960's is 128 bit.
Plus most of the newer games require a 970. The 380X should cut most of that.
Knowing me, they'll probably only be in it for 1-1 1/2 year's.

Sounds good... When do you think you'll have the build up and running?

Hopefully the 2nd week of April.
March is the psu. April's the case.
If I can swing it next month, I'm also going to pre-order WWE 2K16.
I have to wait until I have the R9 380X's before I can get/run Rise of the Tomb Raider
I also have to got to a Ear, Nose & Throat doctor in April.
The only thing that showed up in my P.E.T. Scan was a black mark in my throat. I'm assuming that's from the G.E.R.D. I have. With that acid from your stomach come's back up into your throat and damage's it.
I'm good with my diabetes med's, but not with the G.E.R.D. med's.
If it had been cancer, there would have been red spot's, instead of the black one.
The E.N.T. doctor is backed up by 2 month's, appointment wise.
The place, I go, has the only good doctor's in the county I live in.
That's just like, there's 2 hospital's in the town I live in. The one near me, you don't want to go to. It only has one floor for patient's and they cut back on staff, a few year's ago. Since then, it's gone to the tube's. Especially so, if you have diabetes.

mage's it.

Yeah. I've been remembering the med's for it this past week. It could also, be that I'm 48 and still have my tonsils/adenoids.

Ah, I just checked April in the calendar. I get my disability on April 1 (Fools). The 3rd fall's on Sunday. If everything work's out the pc should be built by the 8th or 9th.I already know from watching videos on the case, that it has a lot of extra cables with the hue lighting and extended fan controller wiring. I'm probably, just going to spend day 1 with it organizing the cables, putting the mobo, psu and Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 in and organizing those cables. Then on dya 2, I'll have to pull the part's I'm reusing out of this one and finish the new one. Then, I'll make sure the new one works, configure the fan controller and lighting color. The last 2 are done with buttons on the front and top of the case. Then once I know it works, I'll have to refresh this one first, as I'll be putting my old Samsung SH-223C DVD-RW and Western Digital Caviar Black 1.0TB in this one, before the reset. I'll have to put my old XFX HD-5770 in this, too as this mobo has no onboard graphics.
For the new one, down the road, I may get a new tv tuner for it, if I find out that Hauppage's WinTV works in Windows 10 for watching/recording tv.
I've actually, got Windows Media Center working in Windows 10 Pro. The only thing's from it that don't work is any sort of tv setup, because they killed the PlayReady and wtv codecs for it. Netflix download, also isn't shown in it. PowerDVD shows up in it & works for playing DVD's & Blu-ray's.
That online download for WMC that's online, otherwise work's just fine in Windows 10
I may, wait a few month's to add WMC to the new pc. Only reason being, I'm waiting for CyberLink to come out with MediaSuite 14, first.
That should be between May-July.
The old version of PowerDVD stays in WMC, plus add's the new one for some reason. I found that out in WMC in 8/8.1.
I think it's probably a Microsoft issue, as WMC's version hasn't changed since Vista in 2007. 7/8/8.1's are all the same version.
Pretty sure Windows Media Player is dead, too. It's still Windows 7's WMP 12.

I always take the time to do decent cable routing as it really makes a difference both aesthetically and cooling wise.

Me too. Exception was when I had to replace the mobo in this one in November. Though I'll give myself credit. I knew a lot of it was coming out a few months down the road, I also new I was getting the Velcro cable ties this time. The EVGA psu even comes with Velcro cable ties. The pack I got last month has 50 of them. More than enough for both pc's. The NZXT Phantonm 820 also comes with a 8 pin psu extension, too.
The only thing, as far as cabling down the road is. The psu comes with black mesh for everything except the video cards. The video cards are red mesh.
May, see if I can get the rest in red mesh from EVGA down the road. Then I may need to get a red mesh 8 pin connector for the psu. That's only if I need to use it.
I'm pretty sure the case is like my current one and has a spot to run the 8 pin cpu cable from the left side of the case.

Then if I get the NZXT Hue+ for the case, I'll only really use the 4 led strips that come with it. The case already has extra plugins for fans and led lights. That's why it has so much wiring.Theres a spot in the case for a 120/140mm fan that blows sideways to the video cards (be getting on from NZXT0. Then the top can fit a 3rd 120mm. and the bottom has room for 2 120/140mm. - depending on how long the psu is. Whatever will fit I'll get from NZZXT down the road, as they'll work with the Hue lighting of the case.

Exciting stuff.. I bet you can't wait to start the build proper.

Actually, I can't wait to use it. I know it'll be faster than my FX-8350 is. This cpu is impossible to overclock. I don't expect there next cpu's to be any better.
Can't wait until I get and put in the 2 R9 380X's. I'll be going from 4GBs with my 760's to 8GBs with the R9 380's.
I'm curious to see how heavy the new one is when I have the new video cards in it.
This one is probably close to 55-60 lbs.

Why do you say the FX8350 is impossible to overclock? I used to run a FX8150, a forerunner to the FX8350 and had it overclocked for all the time I used it which was at least 4yrs. What issues did you encounter?

Back