Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Thanks, that's the one I couldn't think of CrystalDiskMark. Here's mine on the 840 Pro on this pc.

Attachments

• CDM.PNG
    CDM.PNG
    48.5 KB · Views: 270
With Crystal Disk Mark in normal mode.Anything over 500 Read and Write I am happy with.
Excellent! It's always nice to see what other users of similar gear are getting so thank you.

The Thumbnail and Full Image options are right at the bottom of the screen, and easy to miss unless you are aware they are there.

Oh, ok.
I just had to email Arctic Cooling back. They had it mixed up on the pieces I need. They thought it was the backplate and the cpu blocks retention ring. I had to open OneDrive up and open the manual and snip/circle what I need. The backplate, it's 4 mounts that hold it to the motherboard and the 4 thumbscrews that hold its cpu block to the motherboard. Bad with circling. I need my new glasses bad.
ALF240.PNG

I just learned something new about the LG 25UM58-P monitor. I can change all the monitors settings inside of Windows, instead of messing with it's buttons on the bottom of the monitor. LG has a program called OnScreen Control that gets installed in Windows and controls all the monitors settings. I can also run 3 programs, each taking up 1/3 of the full screen side by side.

Ah yes, split screen capability. Nice :) although I like my two monitors when I game sometimes I watch a DVD, or view a news feed, or twitch on one while gaming on the other. Usually though, I monitor voltages and temperatures on the other screen with HWMonitor while gaming.

2 would be nice. I've got some drawbacks there, though. My desk isn't big enough and my bedroom is kind of out of room.

I definitely like being able to use the OnScreen Control software inside Windows. When I hook my i1 Display LT up to calibrate my monitor, I can just open that software to make various needed adjustments instead of messing with the button on the bottom of monitor. The monitor has one big circle with 5 different areas for each mode and adjustment.

Arctic Cooling has my backplate, mounts, etc. set to ship to me. It's coming from Germany. They said it should take 7-10 days to arrive. My monitor is on the FedEx truck out for delivery.

This build is epic. Seems to be neverending with twist and turns along the way. Reads a little like it would if you were Tom Clancy ;) Hopefully soon you'll have it all.

I forgot to mention this earlier. NVIDIA released new 368.39 drivers yesterday for the GTX 6**, 7** & 9** cards. I also heard they're supposed to release new drivers for the GTX 1080 & 1070 later today.
Apparently the new GTX 1080 & 1070 has a bug that the new driver fixes.
As far as the 368.39 driver. I've run all of #DMarks benchmarks on it. I've run WWE 2K16's in-game benchmark on it. I've watched some videos on YouTube with it.
It doesn't appear to be buggy, like the last driver, so far.

No issues so far with it. The one prior to it had sound issues. If you watched a YouTube video, you didn't get any sound.

I didn't get any issues with the last driver or at least none that i know of..

Back