Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Agreed! It does look great and a few friends are playing it and say it's good too.

brkkab

Honorable Member
I still want Rise of the Tomb Raider first, but I think Doom will be next after it. I had the first one in Windows 95. It came with my old Gravis GamePad.

brkkab

Honorable Member
I know once I get Doom, my older brother will be bugging me to play it.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
You can't blame him.. :)

brkkab

Honorable Member
No, I sure can't. Then he'll realize I have Batman: Arkham Knight and want to drive the Batmobile.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
It's a great game too, I loved the Batmobile..

brkkab

Honorable Member
Apparently while I was doing my previous post, the motherboard was having it's arrivel scan done at Newegg according to Package Tracker. I guess it arrived a day early there.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Good news!

brkkab

Honorable Member
I'm curious how all my games are going to look and run on the new pc, once I get the new video card for it.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Well the new card has to be at least 25% faster to be able to notice any difference apparently.

brkkab

Honorable Member
Definite good news. I guess that means they'll be mailing me the new one sometime after next Wednesday. I guess I'll get it around the 20th.

brkkab

Honorable Member
It should be and I'm going for the 8GB one. I'll be able to put $50.00-$75.00 aside next month for it, so I'll definitely get a RX 480 8GB in August. September will most likely be fan month for me. Probably the Bitfenix Spectre Pro red led's. 2 200mm and 4 140mm's.
In October, I'll probably look into that new Intel Webcam for Windows Hello.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
It's gonna be bright inside that case.. :)

brkkab

Honorable Member
Probably.

brkkab

Honorable Member
OK, I found the webcam to get. I couldn't find the Intel one, not even on Intel's site. I found one that Creative Labs makes that will work with Hello. It's probably cheaper than the Intel one anyway. BlasterX Senz3D

brkkab

Honorable Member
One thing I need to do when I have the new pc up & running is install my Cyberlink Media Suite. I then need to see if I can reconvert my videos with MediaEspresso and have them do them in 2560x100 this time, instead of 1920x1080.

brkkab

Honorable Member
I think a few of them were converted to 1280x720. Every time I reinstall MediaEspresso, I always use the Xbox option in it, but I always forget I can set it higher than the default 1280x720.
Reconverting all of them will easily take a day when I do it.
I've got over 100 video folders and a few of them have 3-15 videos in them.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
I've got over 100 video folders and a few of them have 3-15 videos in them.
Wow lot's of work then...

brkkab

Honorable Member
Sure is. I guess that's what I get for having all my dvd's and blu-ray's on my pc. That and all the full concert's, I've downloaded from YouTube.
If my tv were ever to get cutoff, I could probably go a month, without watching the same thing twice.

brkkab

Honorable Member
I may get to find that one out soon. Bright House was sold to Charter Communications in my area recently.
I haven't heard any good reviews on them, so far.
I can say my internet has already gone out twice under them.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.