Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Monitor arrived. I calibrated it and it looks way better than the old one did. Now, I have to go pickup my medicine. In a few hours I'll try my few games I have installed on this pc with it.

The only issue with NVIDIA's last driver (before current one) was the YouTube videos had no sound in them after the driver was installed. I uninstalled that driver and went to the prior driver and the sound was back.

I had a easier install with it than the kid in the video I posted did. After I had the screw tightened holding the the stand bottom to the stand arm, I used the 2 screws to screw the stands arm to the back of the monitor, plugged the hdmi cable into it & my video card. plugged the power card into the monitor, plugged it in and turned on my pc. I opened up Windows display settings and it was already set at 2560 X 1080. I installed the LG OnScreen Control software and restarted my pc. I then opened up the OnScreen Contol and opened EyeOne Match and calibrated it.

HydroThunder Hurricane and Minecraft both support 2560 X1080. Card Games Chest, does too, but if you play Solitaire it still acts like its in 1920 X1080 as far as how the cards are on the bottom of the screen, where you move them to.

Thanks kemical. I'm unsure if I'm going to keep Minecraft installed. All I've ever seen when I open it is a windows that looks like I'm supposed to type something. I never see anything else.
The monitor doesn't take up as much desk space as I thought it woyld. I couldn't fit a second one, but I have space left..
My desk isn't that organized now. Thats because I rushed putting this pc back on it and I'm not expecting it to be there long.
Really the only messy thing is my Xbox 360's controller chord. That will change on the new pc.
My roommates girlfriend cracked me up, when I showed her the monitor. She called it a computer. Asked me what my computer was. I told her a computer. She asked what the new case was. I told her my new computer. Everything was a computer to her, even the monitor, after I told her it was a monitor.

I uninstalled Cards Game Chest & Minecraft.
In Stem I installed DiRT 3 Complete Edition & RBI Baseball 2015.
DiRT 3 supports 2560 X 1080
RBI Baseball 2015 only supports up to 1920 X 1080. I'm not seeing any files that look normal with Notepad to manually edit changes into.

Everything was a computer to her, even the monitor, after I told her it was a monitor.
Hehe i know it's funny or when they say something like 'my RAM is 500GB'... What? Oh you mean the HDD! You have to be so careful when dealing with guy's like these..

Yeah, you had to be here. Now my fun begins for the next 6-8 hours. I get to go to the eye doctor's in 5 minutes and have my eye's dialated for my diabetes. Once the dialation drops go in, everything will be blurry until 2:30-3:00 at the earliest. Then I get to re-go to the pharmacy to get the right Chantix. They ordered and gave me the first month of it. I'm on month three now. The first month only gives me three weeks worth of medicine, because the dose doubles from week two and on.

Once the dialation drops go in, everything will be blurry until 2:30-3:00 at the earliest.
I had to have this done regularly after I had an operation for a detached retina. It's horrible, you basically are almost blind everything is so blurry.

Yeah, it's nothing new here. I've been getting it done for a little bit over 36 years now. My left retina was ready to detach from diabetic retinopathy in 199 before they did the laser surgery on the left eye. Then the following month they did it on my right eye. The right eye, I can't see straight ahead out of.
They did a eye exam with the eye machine before my 6 drops got put in each eye. The best I can see with the eye machines adjustments, replicating eyeglasses is 20/50.
Now, I have cataracts in both eyes, too. The right eye is bad, but no point for surgery, as I can't see out of it anyway, so no improvements would be made.
Left eye's isn't bad yet.
Atleast he gave me a prescription for new glasses and told me my diabetic retinopathy is ok and doesn't need additional laser surgery yey.Now I have the prescription, I can search online and a new eyeglass place that just opened last month in my area. Then see which price is best.
It started raining 5 minutes after I got home, so the bike ride to the pharmacy is probably waiting until tomorrow morning.
If it's still raining by the time my eyes focus normally, I'll be going to bed. I've been up since yesterday morning.
Right now, the white on the screen is really brifgt from the eyedrops..

I just heard from Newegg about my backplate. They let the returns department know to ship all my pieces for my backplate back to me with the new motherboard they send back to me.
I guess I'll have a spare now if I ever need it.

Excellent! Nice and tidy with a spare toboot!

I've just had a coffee spillage, damn, luckily only a little got spilled and I'm hoping i got most of it before my k'board key's go sticky.. Such is life huh.. :D

Back
Top Bottom