Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I just noticed something about my new monitor. Apparently it supports G-Sync. Oh well, I'd have to get NVIDIA. Too much for there GTX 1000 and still the GTX 970.
Oh well, no 3-D glasses purchases for me.

Motherboard mount & brackets set 2 arrived from Arctic Cooling today. I'll give it until Wednesday before I check on set 1 and my motherboard from Newegg.

Newegg just sent me a email confirming they received my motherboard at the returns facility. The email states I should hear back from them witihing 3-5 days.
I guess my motherboards getting sent to me Thursday, Friday or next Monday.
It will be coming from California, so that puts a new motherboard in my hands on June 23, June 24 or June 27th.

Add 2 more games to the list that I have.
For Origin:
Nox (free)
For Uplay:prince of Persia:The Sands of Time 9free)
Apparently for the rest of the year to celebrate Ubisoft's 30 year anniversary, they're going to be giving away a free game every month until 2017 arrives.

Nice... Although don't believe the hype about two of these being as fast or faster than a 980Ti or is just the 980?

I don't. I just really want a card that has more memory. All the newer games need 4 gbs. That, the the AMD one's are affordable to me and I don't know much about CrossFire. That's why I want the 8 GB one out the gate. Then if I find out alot of games don't support CrossFire or work right with it, I'll skip getting a second one.

Makes sense plus they are reasonably cheap too not to mention it gives you basic performance using VR.

Yeah, if i were still able to work and I still made the money I did, when I was in California, this pc would be a little different.
The cpu would've been the i6700K I wanted and I'd probably be getting 2 GTX 1080's.
As far as the VR stuff. I know games are gonna have it, but at this point I'm not really too interested in it.
I have no interest's in a game console or what is needed for vr now.
Maybe, when it matures and prices drop, but not now.
Then by the time that happens, it will probably be time for a newer motherboard & cpu. Probably a newer video card, too.

brkkab, I've been reading about your build with mounting excitement (pun intended). Reminds me of the first time I built my own PC. This was about eight or ten years ago now so it's definitely outdated, but it's still going strong. It was exciting researching the components, waiting for them to arrive and then putting it all together. Fun stuff.

I feel for you and your situation. I was born with a rare genetic syndrome so I know what it's like dealing with all the physical, mental and medical issues. I pray you get well and enjoy your new PC :)

brkkab, I've been reading about your build with mounting excitement (pun intended). Reminds me of the first time I built my own PC. This was about eight or ten years ago now so it's definitely outdated, but it's still going strong. It was exciting researching the components, waiting for them to arrive and then putting it all together. Fun stuff.

I feel for you and your situation. I was born with a rare genetic syndrome so I know what it's like dealing with all the physical, mental and medical issues. I pray you get well and enjoy your new PC :)

Been building machines since 93. Still get that excitement researching the parts.

I don't think I'm gonna be wasting my time with Windows 10 on the new pc. I'm really getting sick and tired of every time Microsoft releases a Mail & Calendar update, having to rewaste my time redeleting email I already deleted from the trash going back from install date to current date.
SORRY MICROSOFT HOW EXACTLY IS THAT PRODUCTIVE????
IT'S NOT.
WHAT WOULD BE PRODUCTIVE, IS IF YOU ADMIT YOUR MODERN APPS SUCK, GIVE US A WAY TO REMOVE THEM ALL AND THEN MICROSOFT CAN KILL THEM OFF.

SORRY, But every Mail & Calendar update and this shit rehappens again & again, with each update.

Now all of a sudden, after Newegg having my motherboard for almost 3 weeks now, they don't want to honor their return policy. Screw them, either they honor it or deal with a shitload of bad publicity from it.

Back