Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

They're trying to makeup bullshit, saying I bent the cpu pins. I just did a online chat with them. I saved the chat in Word on my desktop aand it's b.s.
I use Asus's cpu installation tool and there's no way it bends cpu pins.

Attachments

• CS Team.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 241
I already knew the backplate was there.
I'm expecting a bullshit response tomorrow from a supervisor there. It wouldn't suprize me at all.
I've come to expect it.
Something doesn't want the pc built.

Maybe third time is the charm? MoBos wise... What about straightening the pins on your first moBo? I couldn't let it just sit there and would have to have a go at fixing it.

I can't see good enough to mess with bent pins. I have to wait until I have new glasses first. Problem is, this pc needs to be sold to pay for them.
I'm not selling this one, until the other one is usable.
I don't really do anything, but use my pc. My tv is basically just background noise.

Get someone to straighten the pins for you.
All you need is a magnifying glass and a credit card, and be very careful.
That's what I use.

Yeah, U'll try it myself. I have to get a magnifying glass first.
I don't trust either of my roommates doing it. They'd more than likely mess it up worse. They're both drunk all the time.
The only other person, would be my brother, but he's not good with anything mechanical.
I'll have to wait until next month to get a magnifying glass.
Next month is a part free month for me, as I have to get my dog his yearly shot's and stock up on a few months worth of his anti-flea, anti-tick and anti-heartworm medicine.
Then I'm gonna leave $100.00 of my money set aside for my video card purchase in August.
I found out some new information on the AMD RX 480 video cards.
Apparently there's gonna be a high-end one known as the RX 480 Beast. I'm pretty sure that's a second version of the RX 480 8GB one with a dual-bios.
The second bios on it uses higher memory settings, apparently. It's supposed to be $299.00 & up, depending on who makes it.
In July, I'll get the magnifying glass and also look to see if I can find one of the things that's kind of like a screwdriver that wraps around the cpu pin and lets you bend them straight with it. I'm not sure what it's called, though.

After doing a search on the various RX 480 video cards in Bing, apparently Sapphire Technology also has a RX Nitro 480 8GB card coming out. I think that will be the one I want.
The one's Newegg currently has listed are basically all factory AMD RX 480's, similar to the Nvidia 1080/1070 Founder cards.
All the pictures just showed one stock fan. No aftermarket fans. All the different companies cards looked similar to one another. They all have one stock fan and they all say Radeon in the same spot.
That's between Sapphire Technology, XFX, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and PowerColor.

Here's a copy of Monday's email exchange with Newegg along with the email I received today. I pasted each in Word. The top part is today's, followed by Monday's.
Apparently you need to get in dickhead mode sometimes to get result's.

Attachments

• Your Newegg Return Status.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 250
Here's a copy of Monday's email exchange with Newegg along with the email I received today. I pasted each in Word. The top part is today's, followed by Monday's.
Apparently you need to get in dickhead mode sometimes to get result's.
Well done Newegg and congrats.. You got a new board after all... :)

I have a feeling what happened to the board there. I think who ever there that so called inspected it, got mad because they had to pull the backplate and it's pieces off to mail back to me, so they bent cpu pin/s on the board.
That board had no bent pins by me, as I used the Asus CPU Installation Tool that came with the board, thus you get no bent pins, as it fits into the socket perfectly.
Either that, or my email scared them, as I stated all news sources on tv would be notified and the USA Today's main office is about 5 minutes from my house.
I used my father's old suggestions on what to do when a business tries to screw you over. His suggestions were contact the Better Business Bureau first, then all tv news channels and then newspapers.
I know the B.B.B. is useless, since the cutbacks during Bush's presidency, so I let them know the others were all being notified.
That and I buy stuff from them pretty much every month.
They were also told I would stop using them for anything.
Amazon's prices aren't that different on everything, all the time.

You just never know do you but your probably right and I'm just glad they changed their mind.. :)
I'm still going to do the other boards pins next month, too.
I don't blame you, I'd do exactly the same.
There's lot's of vids on youtube about this subject, in fact I posted some in this thread lol..

I've seen a lot of them, especially about Newegg.
They were trying to get me to contact Asus and have them deal with it, instead of honoring my 30 day's to return it for a replacement.
I wasn't about to spend another $20.00 on UPS shipping it to Asus.
As, I have to take it to Staple's for it to go back.
I couldn't ride my mountain bike with the motherboard, so I couldn't go to the post office with it. That plus, I wouldn't do it with my bike, if it would've fit in my backpack, as there aren't sidewalks everywhere in my town and the streets in my development are really narrow. Narrow enough, to where you can't park a car on the street in front of your house, if you do the streets can only fit one car going down them and most cars do 40-60 on my street, as it's the developments main road.
This development was probably built in the 50's or early 60's.
I couldn't use the bus for it either, as the only post office it goes to, is in a bad area.

Back
Top Bottom