Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Well, I didn't here anything from Newegg yesterday. The original email said it would take 2-3 days, but then for returns it would take 1-2 more days to ship the new board. Maybe I'll just get a email tonight or tomorrow night saying they shipped it.

Yeah. If I don't here from them by 4P.M. Thursday, which would be 1:00 P.M. in California, I'll shake up they're online chat again and will force a answer, as I'll request a supervisor from the start.

I just saw a video that had a guy from Sapphire Technologies in it. I can't remember the tech site on YouTube, though. It's one of the one's I follow.
I was right on predictions I made after seeing pictures online of the card being all silver. I said no, it will be black. I'm right, the only silver is on the fan centers where it says Nitro. The Sapphire name on side of the video card is RGB
I agree with what they were saying about vr.

I turned the video off, though. It was like 1 1/2 hours long and it was just jumping all over the place on different topics.
I found it. Joker Productions did it. Here's the link

Yay, I finally heard from Newegg. My new motherboard will ship out to me Tuesday or Wednesday.
I also got Rise of the Tom Raider Deluxe Edition from Steam this morning, my dog's med's.
Wednesday he get's all his shot's, his tag and a yearly check up.

Actually I've noticed if you get anything from Newegg that Asus makes, it comes from California and takes a week to receive. Everything else I've purchased from them has either come from Tennessee or New Jersey and arrives fast like stuff from Ammazon does.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been having some diabetes issues all week.
My doctor is booked up until August, so I'm on my own with it.
I'll have the motherboard on Friday. I don't think I'm going to mess with it until the following Monday.

According to Package Tracker my motherboard is in Milton, Florida. Maybe I'll have it before Friday.
I finally got my diabetes blood sugar up to a normal number. Now I'm just waiting for the Extra Strenghth Tylenol to start working and kill the migraine headache I woke up with from the low blood sugar.

I'd hold off buying a 480 anytime soon as they currently have PCIE issues. The card appears to draw too much power from the slot which at most is 75W. These cards have been pulling something like 88W which needs correcting.

It looks like the fix will include dropping default clocks:

''AMD just issued a small statement on the PCI-Express over-current Issues mentioned and reported on the web. It seems that the Radeon RX 480 reference cards are going over spec using more than 75 Watts over the PCI-Express slot and then another 75 Watt over the 6-pin power connector.

If you pull over 75 Watts from the motherboard slot, it will place more strain on it and some motherboards might note cope with that very well. To that end and to solve the issues reported they will address this issue in software. The cards do exceed 150 Watts, in fact we measured it at 166 Watts. Here is that statement:

"We continuously tune our GPUs in order to maximize their performance within their given power envelopes and the speed of the memory interface, which in this case is an unprecedented 8 Gbps for GDDR5. Recently, we identified select scenarios where the tuning of some RX 480 boards was not optimal. Fortunately, we can adjust the GPU's tuning via software in order to resolve this issue. We are already testing a driver that implements a fix, and we will provide an update to the community on our progress on Tuesday (July 5, 2016)."

If this is fixed by software (driver) this likely means it will be throttling down if it hits a certain power state, so if a higher than 150 Watt power state is reached, AMD might be throttling down the cards in the future to meet the proper P state. Yesterday we have been performing some additional stress tests ourselves and cannot replicate the issues mention on the web. We do see a minor increase of temperature on the PCI-Express slot, but nothing rather concerning. Yesterday we updated the FLIR images in our reference review to show that.''
Ref:
AMD Gives Statement on the PCI-Express Overcurrent Problems

Yeah, I'm waiting for the aftermarket ones that have 2 fans on them. When I was thinking about getting a R9 380X Sapphire had the best one with the R9 380X Nitro 4GB.
I'm expecting the same when they release the RX 480 Nitro 8GB.

I may be waiting until September to get the Sapphire RX 480 Nitro 8GB video card. I just saw a video on it and the Asus RX 480 Strix 8GB.
The Asus looks like overkill with 3 fans.
The Sapphire was listed at $250 in British Pounds, which is $320.20 here in the U.S.

Last edited:
kemical. I heard on Saturday, that AMD's working on a new driver to fix that. Either MSPowerUser or WinBeta had a article about it. Either way, I'm waiting for the ones that have better cooling. The one's out so far are all stock in every way.Alot of the 3rd party cards are listed on Newegg, but none of them were available yet. Power Color, Gigabyte, Asus, Sapphire & 2 of XFX's aren't available yet. It's a shame. Those one's are all stock, the only difference is one of the XFX ones memory is 1300+mhz.

Back
Top Bottom