Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I prefer plenty of airflow with a slightly positive air pressure (less dusty). If any hot air isn't expelled then it simply drifts out the top of the case.

Here is a friend of mine doing just that ... some time ago ;)

I use one myself....after the initial leaf blower cleaning....I then crank up my air compressor and use the air nozzle to really clean out all the hidden places, ports/slots and heat sinks.

Excellent just what I need. Now I wonder positive or negative air pressure, thoughts gentlemen?

I ran a air flow/heat temp bench test on my setup, running all 3 types; positive, negative and neutral....I get the best temps with negative air pressure/flow. To my surprise, it was a 4° difference between positive and negative....pretty significant in my book.

My case has 3 x 200 mm fans and 1 x 140 mm fan. 1 x 200 mm fan is in the front bezel; intake and 2 x 200 mm fans in the top bezel; exhaust and the 140 mm fan rear of case; exhaust. Then my Hyper 212 Evo cooling my CPU and that's pointing/air flow towards the 140 mm fan.

You might want to run some similar tests on your build.

Mines probably somewhere like 60% intake and 40% exhaust fan wise.
Cooling setup:
Intake:
Front of lower case : 200mm.
Side Panel: 200mm.
Front Bottom of case: 2 140mm.
Pivot fan: Near front of top video card 140mm
Exhaust:
Rear of case: 140mm.
Top of case 4 120mm. on Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 push/pull exhaust.

Mines probably somewhere like 60% intake and 40% exhaust fan wise.
Cooling setup:
Intake:
Front of lower case : 200mm.
Side Panel: 200mm.
Front Bottom of case: 2 140mm.
Pivot fan: Near front of top video card 140mm
Exhaust:
Rear of case: 140mm.
Top of case 4 120mm. on Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 push/pull exhaust.

I'm running 2 front 120mm 1 bottom 120mm 2 top rear in push pull for my radiator into the case and 1 top 120mm pulling hot air from the case. Cpu idle 19-30 full load under 50c and almost silent.

bassfisher6522: What's the name of the benchmark or it's link ?

There's no link or program/software.....I did it myself. Scientifically, set up air pressure configuration for each type, ran the system at idle for 30 minutes, then full load for 30 minutes....took notes and recored the system temps, powered down for 1 hour. Then repeated process for each air pressure configuration. Took a whole day to do it.

Not having a leaf blower, I shall be sticking to cans of compressed air and then isopropyl to clean the board and coolers. Which reminds me I need to re order some and get myself some arctic silver ceramique paste

I may be getting a new 3.0TB h.d.d. from Seagate. Apparently my current one has disappearing issues and it failed SeaTools short self test earlier.
It's been disappearing while the Photos app is open and Cyberlink MediaShow 6.
It's been doing it with those 2 for about a month now.
Then this morning the hdd disappeared while Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 was running it's scheduled daily full scan and later on it disappeared while I had Chrome open.

I would say anytime you use a dust filter use one that is extremely air flow friendly. For super low budget folks I have used (used) dryer sheets no kidding. I was one of if not the 1st one that I knew of to use coffee filters to clean CPU grease about 16 years ago I posted that in ViaArena forums building a Soyo KT133 AMD system no one could believe it but they started doing it as well and it spread. Now, I certainly was not the one that started the used dryer sheet thing for dust filters, but I will tell you that Gain dryer sheets cut out perfectly do work and make the rig smell nice however It really only looks decent with a white case/system.

Air pressure I use a setup pretty similar to Kemical I don't get too fancy one 120mm front one back and one exhaust on top, and the other fan cutout on the top serves to simply keep air pressure nominal.

Air pressure I use a setup pretty similar to Kemical I don't get too fancy one 120mm front one back and one exhaust on top, and the other fan cutout on the top serves to simply keep air pressure nominal.
If your running 2 exhaust fans and 1 intake fan: your front is an intake, your rear is an exhaust and the top mounted fan is an exhaust....then you're running negative air pressure.

Positive Air Pressure = more intake than exhaust
Negative Air Pressure = more exhaust than intake
Neutral Air Pressure = equal intake and exhaust

Do you have any pictures of that, the dryer sheet filter setup....I would love to see that in action.

No I have not done that is some time no current pictures. I am aware about positive and negative air pressure but I do get really nice temperatures with this rig overall it's working out well for me.

I'm not so, sure if I have negative airflow. 2 200mm. intake ( Front & side panel), 2 140mm intake bottom front of case, 140 mm. intake pivot fan blowing towards video cards & about 4-6" behind front 200mm fan.
Back of tcase 140mm. exhaust and top of case Arctic Liguid Freezer 240 in push/pull exhaust with it's stock low rpm fans.
Bitfenix Spectre Pro:
2 200mm. 900RPM & 148.72 CFM intake
4 140mm. 1200RPM & 86.73 CFM 3 intake & 1 exhaust
I need to pull my bed out to get to the box for the Arctic Liquid Freezer to get the fans full spec's.
I just wiped out on my mountain bike and asphalt cut up my left forearm and messed up my left palm/wrist less than half an hour ago.
I'm not into bandaids, so I'm leaving the 3" 1" cut's stay open, so they scab up faster. I just have to remember not to let the area touch anything.
It was fun lifting Sebastian onto my bed a few minutes ago.

I use the coffee filter for cleaning cpu's/heatsinks.My case has dust filters everywhere a fan goes.
1 on the side panel, 2 on the bottom front/back,1 in the front panel and 2 200mm. up top.
My old pc has magnetic dust filter specifically made for it's case on the outside.
The back of my current case also has 4 grommeted holes for watercooling refill, etc. near the psu area.

Bassfisher6522: That vacuum would be handy with radiators, as they're big dustbunny collectors if fans are connected to them.

Yep...it's why I use my leaf blower and my air compressor....to really blow out those clogged heat sinks.

I take down my desktop and my son's desktop, take them to the garage, set up saw horses and put a piece of plywood across, set desktops on there so they are chest high and go to town cleaning. I do this about every 2 months and twice a year I brake them completely down for a thorough cleaning...

Back