Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Wheel arrived a few hours ago.
Liking it so far.
I need to contact Logitech Support on a few things.
1. How to get the wheel & shifter led's to work and match my other Logitech keyboard & mouse red blinking colors.
2. To find out where the start button is on the wheel.
3. Then to uninstall & reinstall N.F.S. Most Wanted & DiRT Showdown.
N.F.S. Most Wanted says I need to set the wheel up in the game options, but that message doesn't disappear so I can do just that.
DiRT Showdown crashes since I installed the wheel, updated it's firmware and restarted my pc.
Hoping new installs of those 2 fix it.
Then it will be on to finding good wheel settings for all my car games.

AMD released Crimson Andrenalin 18.2.2 drivers sometime yesterday.
Download link: Download Drivers

3DMark scores with new drivers:
Default O/C:
Time Spy: 4340 down
Fire Strike: 11757 up
Fire Strike Extreme: 6036 down

1430/2150/060 O/C:
Time Spy: 4621
Fire Strike: 12430
Fire Strike Extreme: 6361

I just noticed that I did a good one and missed a motherboard software update for a day shy of 3 weeks.
I've only been really waiting for a newer UEFI update, since Intel released newer Meltdown/Spectre patches 2 weeks ago.
I didn't bother paying attention to Asus's Dual Intelligent Processor update's date, as I thought mine was up to date as it was updated sometime in October or November.
I installed the new one released on 02/01/2018 and my power plan is back to itself not needing me to resset it at every startup and/or restart.

Crimson Adrenalin 18.2.3 3DMark scores
Time Spy: 4360 slightly up
Fire Strike Extreme: 6539 slightly up
Fire Strike: 11749 slightly down
All were run @ factory overclock settings only video 1342
& Memory 2000
mV +60

Crimson Adrenalin 18.2.3 3DMark scores
Time Spy: 4360 slightly up
Fire Strike Extreme: 6539 slightly up
Fire Strike: 11749 slightly down
All were run @ factory overclock settings only video 1342
& Memory 2000
mV +60
Haven't installed them yet. Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AMD released Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.0 drivers today.
Link: Download Drivers

My 3DMark scores with them.
Time Spy: 4357 - down
Fire Atrikw Extreme: 6043 - down
Fire Strike: 11722 - down

Added DiRT 4 to my games Sunday.
Friday is set for finally getting my new eyeglasses ordered. I have a eye checkup for my diabetes, so my doctor will give me a new prescription for my glasses, before they dialate my eye's for the other test's.
I'll just make sure I get there early and have the frames picked out first and then just bring them the prescription after my appointment.
Next month I'm thinking I'm gonna get the racing wheel, pedals and shifter metal stand out of the way.
Then I'll start checking the reviews on the newer X470 motherboards & Ryzen cpu's that get released next month, compare prices and decide on which AM4 mobo and Ryzen cpu I want to start getting in June.
June will probably be the cpu.
August the motherboard.
October the 32GBs. of G_Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 ram and AM4 bracket for my EK XLC Predator 240 1.1's cpu block.

Added Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor G.O.T.Y to my games library as Fanatical has/had it on sale for $2.99.
I'm not sure if the sale is over or not.
Apparently it is, but act fast if you want it. The sales on Day 3 of a 3 Day Sale.
Fanatical

3DMark scores with AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.2 drivers
Time Spy - 4351 slightly up
Fire Strike Extreme = 6043 same as last driver
Fire Strike - 11750 slightly up from previous driver

Yay, yet another buggy Patch Tuesday Update that won't install no matter what on my pc.
KB4088776 is the culprit.
Tried re-cleaning my ssd's and h.d.d. , even though they get cleaned atleast 6 times daily.
Restart of pc after each and update install retried after each.
Then I tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, even though Office 2010, Windows Defender definiton' and the Maliscious Software Removal Tool all downloaded & installed fine.
I then downloaded the update manually from the Microsoft Download Catalog (Cumulative Update version for W10 1709 x65 - not the Delta onne) and saved it to my h.d.d.
Tried it two more times after two more complete disk cleanup's.
Cleanup Methods used:
1 Run > temp, delete everything that will go
Run > %temp% delte everything that will go
Run > prefetch delte everything that will go
Disk Cleanup on C: - both versions
Admin Command Prompt cleanmgr/ sagerun:*
CCleaner
Ccleaner Registry Scan
AI Suite III's System Cleaner
ATF Cleaner - check all & delte all
Optimize SSD's and defrag hdd and restart pc.
Now, it's onto the last resort of chkdsk CL /f /r, as I'm not doing another clean install until when 1803 is released in April.
Bitdefender Total Security 2018, Malwarebytes Free and Windows Defender full scans found nothing all between 6-10 A.M. this morning.
After that I was out until 12:20 or so and the updates were posted at 1:00.
P.S. I looked up the error code and it basically said run the Update Troubleshooter.
Error Coded:0x8e5e0147
I even read Microsoft's issues with it and apparently they know the update is buggy and say's it fails to install, but my version of Windows 10 is still saying 1709.16299.251 in Settings > System > About, not 1709.16299.399 like it's supposed to be now.

Upload your Windows update log. You'll need to export it with the powershell command Get-WindowsUpdateLog

Here's the Windows Update Log.
For the hell of it I tried a third route to get it installed.
My Bitdefender Total Security 2018 has a Vulnerability Scanner built into it and it's occasionally gotten Windows Defender definition updatesfor me. I've got Defender setup as secondary non-active so I can get a 4th opinion on the pc being clean.
I forgot I have SUPERAntiSpyware Professional with real-time turned off, but it does daily scans within minutes of Bitdefender.

Attachments

• WindowsUpdate.zip
    59.7 KB · Views: 238
I did just now.
I have to closeup the program I use for Gmail and IE 11 and then I'll give it another try and see what happens.

Deleted everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads and tried Windows Update and it failed, yet again.
Screenshot below.
After almost 6 hours with this, I need a break to eat and take Sebastian outside,
That will take probably 1 hour or so to cook, etc.
Capture.PNG

I got it all updated by doing a refresh install and keeping all my apps & programs.
Now, it's almost time for bed.
At least next week will be good.
I had a eye exam for my diabetes stuff last Friday.
While I was there I got a new eyeglass prescription and ordered my new eyeglasses finally.
I'll have them in either 1 week or next Thursday.
It gonna feel weird seeing somewhat good again.
I hiccup with the visit, though.
Apparently my cataracts are starting to get worse, but the worse one is in the eye I can't see staright ahead out of.
Apparently it's got some sort of big bubble in it, so I get to go back for my eyes to be redialated in 3 month's instead of a year.
I'm thinking I'm gonna need surgery on at least the right eye for it soon.
That's probably why I've been getting headaches for the past month.
I neverr really ever got headaches before that.

Hi brkkab, I just had cataract surgery done on both my eyes. Now is the first time in over 30 years that I found I can do without glasses. I do keep a pair of reading glasses as it is hard to see the fine print. Went last Tuesday for a check up on my eyes and now have 20/20 vision in each eye. Got to go back at the end of this month for my final check up. It was well worth getting it done. I wished I would have done it sooner.

Back