Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I'm not gonna be as lucky.
Thanks to my eye damage from the diabetes and my genetics, I'll never be eyeglasses free.
The best I can see with eyeglasses has always been 20/50.
I qualify as legally blind, which is 20/400 without glasses and I'd say mine is probably in the 20/500 or 20/600 range.
Forum must've had issues yesterday around this time. I couldn't login to post this.
Friday-Sunday was clean install and reinstalling/configuring everything.
I would've finished Saturday night, but I dozed off for 13 hours.
I woke up Sunday morning around 7:30 A.M. and thought it was Saturday at 7:30 P.M.
Now, all I need to do is uninstall the old AMD 18.3.2 drivers and install the new 18.3.3 drivers that were released yesterday.
I'll probably do that later on today.

I finally just got around to running 3DMark with the 18.3.3 drivers installed.
I just remembered that I haven't installed Sapphire TRiXX, yet.
Time Spy0 4360 slightly down
Fire Strike Extrem- 6040 slightly down
Fire Strike_ 11639 really down
Now I'll reinstall TRiXX and re-run 3DMark again later today.

I re-installed Sapphire TRixx and only changed the power consumption to 50% and added my custom fan curve.
I only used the video cards default factory overclock and all 3DMark scores went up.
Time Spy - 4363
Fire Strike Extreme - 6058
Fire Strike - 11746

AMD released Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers today. Download link: Download Drivers
All 3DMark scores are slightly lower with these drivers.
Time Spy: 4354
Fire Strike Extreme: 6039
Fire Strike: 11704

Now it's onto deciding which racing wheel & shifter stand I want to order next week.
I'm using next month to decide on which Ryzen cpu and AM$ motherboard I want to get, too.
I'm waiting for the reviews & prices of the R7 2700X and X-470 motherboards before I decide on 1st or 2nd gen. Ryzen cpu's and X-370 or X-470 motherboard.
If I go for the newer cpu, it will be the X-470 mobo.
If I go for the older Ryzen cpu, it will be a X-370 mono.
Only part for sure either way is 32GBs. of G-Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 r.a.m.
Planning on getting the cpu out of the way first.
Then the motherboard, followed by the r.a.m.
All that and a new Windows 10 Pro license may take me until December to have.
In May, I'll more than likely get the AM4 bracket out of the way for my EK XLC Predator 240 1.1.
June or July=cpu.
July or August+Mobo.
October-December=R.A.M. & Windows 10 Pro license
I slmodt forgot thst I can't do any parts purchases in July.
I have to get Sebastian his yearly shots, checkup and tags.

Last edited:
I'm running the Spring Creators Update on my old pc.
Link for it's iso in the following forum post: 17133.1 Is The One Coming Out Next Month.

I'm holding off on it dor a few weeks on this pc, though.
I don't feel like doing another clean install until my Racing Wheel Stand arrives.
Once it arrives I'll do the SCU clean install on this pc.
My old pc is pretty much bare bones, so I'll get used to the new stuff on it first.
If there's any new gaming stuff in it, I'll have to wait and figure it out on this pc, as the old pc has no games on it.

I gave the upgrade install of Windows 10 Spring Creators Update R.T.M. a second try on this pc and it worked.
The only thing I changed before-hand this time around was.:
A. I didn't uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2018 this time around.
B: I didn't run Bitdefender's Uninstall Utility this time around.
C: All I did was temporarily turn off Bitdefender's Ransomeware Protection @pre-startup and re-enabled it after the install.
This leads me to think that Windows Defender played a role in my first failed upgrade.
Windows 10 Pro S.C.U. x64 R.T.M. install proof below.
P.S. A few good things are fixed.
1: My GOG, Origin & Steam games all on my 2nd ssd survived this time.
2: Huge overdue Microsoft fix- Disk Defragmenter no longer lists the Recovery Partition in it anymore.
The rest of the other changes, I'll slowly checkout.
I've got a busy few day's coming up, so I won't have much time for my p.c.'s.
SCUInstalled.PNG

No, it's been RTM'd last week and they're supposed to be starting to releasing it to everyone on April 10th or so.

Today, I need to make sure I get some sleep.
I have a lot of running/biking/busing to do tomorrow morning and late afternoon,
I've tried all my programs, browsers and modern app's so far.
All I really have left is my games to see if they're o.k. in W10 S.C.U., re-log into Perfect Tube and then start seeing what else changed in Windows 10.
So far, I'm really liking not seeing the System Reserved partition in Disk Defragmenter.

Nmsuk: How you like it so far ?
I got Perfect Tube setup to where I see my YouTube subscriptions in it now.
I also just ordered my wheel stand a V2 shifter mount for it from GT Omega Racing's U.S. site.
I'll start trying out my games in Spring Creators Update probably sometime Wednesday.

Nmsuk: How you like it so far ?
I got Perfect Tube setup to where I see my YouTube subscriptions in it now.
I also just ordered my wheel stand a V2 shifter mount for it from GT Omega Racing's U.S. site.
I'll start trying out my games in Spring Creators Update probably sometime Wednesday.
Seems fine. I did the upgrade and didn't use the iso as I use en_gb.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I like it so far.
A few of the changes are to things I don't really use.
I've never used the Virtual Desktops, so the changes don't matter to me.
HomeGroup being gone, so what. It never really worked when I tried it in Windows 8.
I don't remember what they call the feature for picking up where you left off on another device. It doesn't really matter to me either.
Also, I noticed something in it already. It's only for Microsoft stuff.

As far as testing if my games work in it.
I checked all my GOG games and they're all fine.
Uplay, Origin and Steam are tonight or tomorrow for checking them.
I have to make and eat breakfast in about a hour.
Then I have about 4 hours to run all my local errands, eat a early lunch and then go to 2 doctor's appointment's.

Not bad.
I just got a email from GT Omega Racing with a FedEx International tracking number already.
Free shipping from them for U.S. orders, too.
It actually comes from their Great Britian location and I'll have it Monday.

Back